Windows 10: For some reason i cant partition almost half of my HDD. I've tried everything, even...

Discus and support For some reason i cant partition almost half of my HDD. I've tried everything, even... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/y0RnAN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5h4c2/for_some_reason_i_cant_partition_almost_half_of/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/y0RnAN, Feb 17, 2020.

1. /u/y0RnAN Win User

For some reason i cant partition almost half of my HDD. I've tried everything, even...

/u/y0RnAN, Feb 17, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 17, 2020
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 17, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

For some reason i cant partition almost half of my HDD. I've tried everything, even...

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. For some reason i cant partition almost half of my HDD. I've tried everything, even... - Similar Threads - reason cant partition

2. My account email was changed, I've tried almost everything and none of it has worked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account email was changed, I've tried almost everything and none of it has worked.: It started probably around 6 months ago at this point, my email for my microsoft account was changed, someone got in and changed the email. I've had this account for probably a decade or so now so I definitely don't want to lose it. I have the email that it was changed to as...
  3. My account email was changed, I've tried almost everything and none of it has worked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account email was changed, I've tried almost everything and none of it has worked.: It started probably around 6 months ago at this point, my email for my microsoft account was changed, someone got in and changed the email. I've had this account for probably a decade or so now so I definitely don't want to lose it. I have the email that it was changed to as...
  4. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  5. I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've Tried Almost Everything Still No Wifi: A couple of weeks ago I downloaded a popular game from a reputable website, or so I thought. It came with a program that seemed as though it was spam so I deleted it. Shortly after I could not connect to WIFI. Now I am using a 25ft Ethernet cable running through my house....
  6. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  7. cant format my hdd, i tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant format my hdd, i tried everything: so idk whats going on but my HDD for some odd stupid reason is set to read only so I cant format it and everything is grayed out, and when I do try it cant even format because now its saying its write protected, how do I do this? I been trying for hours and its annoying I...
  8. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...
  9. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...
  10. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 3169-wm entertainment laptop. It's several years old. I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly before my problem began. After upgrading everything was incredibly slow and often the computer just froze. A few days later it started working a little better...