Windows 10: For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

Discus and support For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on my computer. I am a student and my college gave me access to the "eduroam" network. I can connect to it wirelessly or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wibbly Wobbly, Dec 19, 2020.

1. For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

I have Windows 10 installed on my computer. I am a student and my college gave me access to the "eduroam" network. I can connect to it wirelessly or via LAN cable. In order to be connected via LAN cable, I had to run a program provided by our college. Ran the program, installed it, worked flawlessly. I was able to be connected to the network via the LAN cable. OR should I say, ran perfectly up until recently. I suspected I got some virus on my PC, so I ran some tests. I do have Malwarebytes and ESET antivirus, but I also downloaded Comodo Antivirus, a free antivirus software. Ran some test and it pinged some potentially harmful programs. Deleted them and everything was alright. Next morning I found out that I can't connect to the same "eduroam" network via LAN cable. Every time I tried to, a pop-up keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security put a username and password. I don't remember ever singing up on Windows Security, To actually BE connected via LAN, I must have a process called "dot3svc" in order to connect to the network. Every time I try to restart the process, the pop-up keeps, well, popping up. I tried googling it, found various ways of "fixing" the problem. One of the ways was to go to my Windows Credentials and there I could find out my username and password. I tried it, but i didn't hep. I had this PC for about 3 years and I never had this problem before. Neither on this PC or any other before. I am able to connect the the network wirelessly, though. It works just fine like that and it doesn't ask for the security credentials. It just keeps popping up when I want to connect via LAN cable. I know that the obvious solution would be "well, just re-install windows". No doubts about that, but I feel like that is a last resort, after all other options are exhausted.

:)

Wibbly Wobbly, Dec 19, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Dec 19, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Dec 19, 2020
  4. For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to...

1. For some reason, Windows keeps asking me to sign in my Windows Security when I want to... - Similar Threads - reason keeps asking

2. For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive.: For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive. Please help.Thanks,-mario https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-windows-is-not-allowing-me-to-sign/7887b468-b89b-4d5d-aed3-cd0c9fa18796
  3. For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive.: For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive. Please help.Thanks,-mario https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-some-reason-windows-is-not-allowing-me-to-sign/7887b468-b89b-4d5d-aed3-cd0c9fa18796
  4. For some reason, Windows is not allowing me to sign in to my One Drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 keeps asking me to sign in with my microsoft account: I newly installed Windows 10 Home on my granddaughter's computer. I couldn't find a way to enable a "local account" during the setup screens so I hit the skip I'll do it later button. About every 3 days now when she wakes the computer the setup screen for signing into your...
  6. microsoft keeps asking me to sign in after i have signed in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft keeps asking me to sign in after i have signed in: after i signed in, i get a notification saying i need to sign because of safety check due to security, i sign in and everythings fine, but asks me a good few times to do it, is this glitch?...
  7. Not entirely Windows 10 related, but for some reason, I keep getting asked to verify my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not entirely Windows 10 related, but for some reason, I keep getting asked to verify my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MeekKu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k501qs/not_entirely_windows_10_related_but_for_some/
  8. win 10 keeps asking me to sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 keeps asking me to sign in: My windows 10 is causing me problems when I switch on after the MB is loaded it asks me to sign in every time, sometimes it just sets its self up as a temp account.... when I shut down I loose all setting and have to reset everything from font to screen size Rob...
  9. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Keep Asking me to Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Keep Asking me to Sign In: A pop up frequently appears saying that there is a problem with my Microsoft account and that I need to sign in again to fix it. If I do sign in, the problem "is resolved", but then the pop up appears again 5-10 minutes later. Usually I just ignore the pop up, since it...
  10. PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN and fingerprint security keeps asking me to reset for some reason.: I have a new Acer Spin 5 running Windows 10. I have had to reprogram my PIN multiple times in the first week. I try to use PIN access and get a message that "security settings" have changed and I'll need to set up a PIN, but I didn't change them. Today it is telling me it...