Windows 10: For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint

Discus and support For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried numerous things like calibrating the screen colours and turning off color blind mode but for some reason the red color doesn't come back but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaffeineHigh, Nov 19, 2019.

1. For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint

I've tried numerous things like calibrating the screen colours and turning off color blind mode but for some reason the red color doesn't come back but I know it's not my screens fault because in the bios I can see red colors so it may be a software issue but I'm stumped as to what I should do

:)

CaffeineHigh, Nov 19, 2019
  2. wref11 Win User

Bluish screen tint (not BSOD)

Greeting fellow Windows 10 users,

A while ago I used to have a problem - upon finishing playing certain games in full-screen mode and exiting back to windows my screen would acquire a bluish tint and make me sad.

After searching for quite a while none of the solutions I found worked and I found out that by changing my screen's resolution the colours would go back to normal. Besides, someone has pointed out that it was a known issue and that it would be fixed with the Creator's update in a few month. Some half a year or more later the Creator's update did come out and fixed the bug.

Then a month ago or so the GDPR update came out and "fixed" the fix. Now whenever I exit certain games, disconnect my USB mouse or sometimes just randomly it acquires the bluish tint. And changing the resolution does not work any longer most of the times. What does work for me is logging out from the session, but it's hardly an ideal solution.

So does anyone has an idea how to fix it for good or should I just wait the next update and hope they'll fix it again.

Thanks,

I feel like w10 devs secretly love Unix and make a crappy buggy product on purpose so to encourage more people to try it out

wref11, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Red/Pink Tint

I have a two monitor extended view set up for my computer. For some reason one of them has a red/pink tint to it making it difficult to work with. I have tried personalization, display on Settings - and nothing will get rid of the tint. Can anyone help??

BayBuzzard, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Wynona Win User

For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint

Bluish screen tint (not BSOD)

Wref, there's a cumulative update (or two) that should bring your laptop up to 1803 Build 17134.137. Whether it will help with your problem, or not, I'm not sure. I do know that Microsoft recommends we let all updates install. It could be though, that there are newer graphics drivers with the cumulative update.

Go to Settings>Update & Security>Check for Updates and the update should show up for you.

Wynona, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint

1. For some reason windows lost it's red colour and has a bluish tint - Similar Threads - reason lost red

2. Strange red tint on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange red tint on screen: I tried to include 2 pictures showing how my screen has a red/pink tint over it but the files wouldn't upload, but yeah just a slight red/ pinkish tint. This started a few days ago and I really haven't downloaded anything major other than some mods. This particularly occurs...
  3. Lost the colour red on my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost the colour red on my monitor: I just woke up and noticed that, there wasn't any red on my monitor, at first i thought my setting were somehow messed up but when I tried fixing it it just wouldn't work, I havnt tried alot but I think I need some help, I'm on windows 10 btw...
  4. Lost the colour red on my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost the colour red on my monitor: I just woke up and noticed that, there wasn't any red on my monitor, at first i thought my setting were somehow messed up but when I tried fixing it it just wouldn't work, I havnt tried alot but I think I need some help, I'm on windows 10 btw...
  5. Red screen tint

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red screen tint: Hey,after I started Call of Duty Warzone yesterday I have a red screen tint when I use HDR. I can "fix" it for some minutes if I open the display settings by right clicking on my desktop yes just opening this settings fixes the problem. But just on one screen, for the second...
  6. Camera RED Tint

Camera RED Tint: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Above is the model of my machine and the type of internal camera am using. Below is the display of the picture the camera is giving me. Whether on facebook, OBS or any software this is the color of the camera. what is the problem? Am using windows 10...
  7. Display tinted RED

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display tinted RED: I get the windows Insider preview builds and after updating to Build 18329.19h1_release.190129-1504 the whole the monitor is tinted red. Everything works for and I can see everything becuase the red hue is transparent. But it still bother my eyes since I have to use this...
  8. Red/Pink Tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red/Pink Tint: I have a two monitor extended view set up for my computer. For some reason one of them has a red/pink tint to it making it difficult to work with. I have tried personalization, display on Settings - and nothing will get rid of the tint. Can anyone help??...
  9. Red tint on the screen

Red tint on the screen: I spilled tea on my Asus laptop and got the screen with red lines and a blue tint. So, I have the screen replaced. But it helped partially, because I received a red tint on my screen. Could you help me?...
  10. Bluish screen tint (not BSOD)

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluish screen tint (not BSOD): Greeting fellow Windows 10 users, A while ago I used to have a problem, upon finishing playing certain games in full-screen mode and exiting back to windows my screen would acquire a bluish tint and make me sad. After searching for quite a while none of the solutions I...