Windows 10: For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate?

Discus and support For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hibernation for me has never been necessary, I usually have my computer either turned off or on *really As for Windows System Restore, yeah... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gil, Feb 26, 2016.

1. For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate?

Hibernation for me has never been necessary, I usually have my computer either turned off or on *really

As for Windows System Restore, yeah definitely disable it. When I did, this set me off to find an alternative. I found a few good options. The most one-to-one is Rollback rx. Shadow Defender works really well, and AX64 has some usage, but I found Rollback the easiest to use; and it works really well with my Samsung SSD.

HanginJang, Mar 1, 2016
  2. cereberus Win User

Code: /[/quote]
    Setting time to zero hides (but does not actually remove) the other boot options.

Minimum to see boot options is 1 second but I find that is not quite enough to react. I use 2 seconds.

cereberus, Mar 1, 2016
  3. CountMike New Member
    I'm retired have a lot of spare time, boot selection set to 5 seconds. I figure that few seconds a week is not too long.

CountMike, Mar 1, 2016
  4. prikker Win User

For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate?

No I didn't and yes I always use hibernate and once a week I shutdown my laptop. I don't care about bootup time. When my laptop is booting up after a restart or shutdown I take a leak or get a cup of senseo mocca.

prikker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate?

1. For SSD - Do you disable System Restore and Hibernate? - Similar Threads - SSD disable System

2. Hibernation on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation on SSD: Is hibernation bad for ssd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-on-ssd/dc9830c5-9f92-4359-9a7f-19e43623a236
  3. Hibernation on SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernation on SSD: Is hibernation bad for ssd? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-on-ssd/dc9830c5-9f92-4359-9a7f-19e43623a236
  4. Hibernation on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to do a system image restore to new SSD from old SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to do a system image restore to new SSD from old SSD?: I have two M.2 SSD's. Removing them is a bit of a pain, I'd like to avoid this if possible.On my old SSD, I have created a system image from the backup settings and stored this on my external hard drive.My new SSD also has Windows on it, but it doesn't have any of my old...
  6. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  7. System restore disabled 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System restore disabled 2004: After updating to 2004, system restore was disabled. 158986
  8. System Restore button disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore button disabled: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home version on it, and I am trying to change the System Restore settings. However, the System Restore button is disable. What can I do to re-enable this?...
  9. System Restore and SSD?

System Restore and SSD?: Hey guys, I recently installed an SSD and I found out while running Samsung's OS Optimization disk that it has turned off System Restore by default. I of course can turn it back on, but I wanted to get feedback on turning on System Restore on an solid state drive....
  10. Disable System Restore

Disable System Restore: Hi, I need to do the following tasks in the System Restore: 1. Set Max Usage = 0 2. Delete all restore points 3. Disable System Restore Should be using Command Line. 1st and 2nd step I've no any idea how to do. For 3rd step: net stop srservice sc config...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd disable or enable system resttore