Windows 10: "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

Discus and support "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aletonne, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Aletonne Win User

"For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for testing purposes only" and the words still appear on the screen. I disabled my secure boot and ran both commands to which the fix did not work. Are there any other ways to remove this from my screen, should I be concerned, does it even matter, please get back to me with a useful response to my request.

:)

Aletonne, Feb 20, 2023
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 20, 2023
  3. harrymc Win User
    The difference between the "For testing purposes only" and "Test Mode"

Test Mode is shown when test signing is enabled on a PC.
    This is done by running bcdedit /set testsigning on from an UAC-elevated command prompt.

Test signing is used to allow developers to load drivers they are still working on that have not yet been code signed with an official certificate. This is one of the steps we need to do when loading test fixes.
    For more information on Test Signing, see the article
    What is Test Mode & how to remove Test Mode watermark in Windows.

For testing purposes only usually appears as a result of installing a fix during
    the course of a Microsoft Support case.
    The purpose of this message is to remind users that code that Microsoft Support
    has asked them to test has been installed on the system,
    code which may not have yet undergone full testing.
    It may also appear when installing a pre-release Microsoft product.

Source: For testing purposes only, and other desktop watermarks.

See also the article
    Desktop Watermarks: The Difference Between “For Testing Purposes Only” and “Test Mode”,
    where Microsoft explains the mechanism of causing this text to be displayed.

harrymc, Feb 20, 2023
  4. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

"For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

1. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen - Similar Threads - Testing Purposes desktop

2. Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes?: Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes? For Virtualization and testing purposes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-windows-11-home-for/127f39b5-6914-4076-8dfc-14bf299a1348
  3. Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes?: Is there a Microsoft Windows 11 home for evaluation testing purposes? For Virtualization and testing purposes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-windows-11-home-for/127f39b5-6914-4076-8dfc-14bf299a1348
  4. How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes?: How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes? It is always greyed out for me on the task manager for the Widgets and Chrome. My system pops randomly when running Chrome and I suspect it is related but I cannot turn it off to test. Please help!...
  5. How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes?

How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes?: How do I disable Efficiency Mode for testing purposes? It is always greyed out for me on the task manager for the Widgets and Chrome. My system pops randomly when running Chrome and I suspect it is related but I cannot turn it off to test. Please help!...
  6. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

"For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen: Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for testing purposes only" and the words still appear on the screen. I disabled my secure boot and ran both commands to which the fix...
  7. "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    "For Testing Purposes Only" on desktop screen: Previously tried all known online help tool tips for resolving the screen desktop which appears to show words of build character and phrase "for testing purposes only" and the words still appear on the screen. I disabled my secure boot and ran both commands to which the fix...
  8. Program whose only purpose is to confirm elevation

Program whose only purpose is to confirm elevation: Is there a program which would generate sharable log file that would confirm the program was run as Administrator? It doesn't matter what the program does, as long as following conditions are met: 1. the tool does not modify system settings 2. it generates a log file which...
  9. Windows 10 for routing purposes only

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 for routing purposes only: Hello team, I need to buy some commercial software that works like VPN router, it requires one of these systems: Windows 7 SP1 (32/64-bit), Server 2008 R2 (64-bit),Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit), Server 2012 R2 SP1 (64-bit). It also may...
  10. How to intentionally corrupt performance counter for testing purpose

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to intentionally corrupt performance counter for testing purpose: Hi, I want to intentionally corrupt performance counters(Perfdisk,PerfNet & PerfOS) to verify whether it is rebuild properly or not by our application since it depends on these performance counters. Currently I corrupt it by running 'lodctr /r' command and while it is...