Windows 10: for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman...

Discus and support for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cant believe I am stupid enough to not be able to plug my headphones (which work in my POS 20 year old antique Walkman) into my new laptop and not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stuartvieira, Nov 18, 2019.

1. for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman...

I cant believe I am stupid enough to not be able to plug my headphones (which work in my POS 20 year old antique Walkman) into my new laptop and not hear sound. Beyond pissed here on Cape Cod.

:)

stuartvieira, Nov 18, 2019
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Headphone not working when connected to laptop

Hi Maxwell,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that your headphone isn’t working when connected to your laptop . We will be glad to help you with this.

To assist you better, do let us know if your speaker works fine when you unplug the headphone.

Sometimes this issue could occur when you don’t set your headphone/speaker to default.

Please follow the steps below to set your headphone as the default device for audio.

1. Right click on the speaker icon on the notification area (right bottom corner of your screen).

2. Click on “playback

3. Check if the headphone is listed there, if so, right click
    on it and choose enable.

4. Highlight the headphone and click on "Set as Default".

Once you are done with the steps, repeat step 1 and select volume mixer. Please make sure that all the volumes are turned up to the highest and check if it works.

If this doesn’t help, we suggest you to
    refer to this link
    for steps on how to update audio drivers.

Do get back to us with the result and we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng1709, Nov 18, 2019
  4. for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman...

Headphones not working.

Hi Haylee,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the headphones on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • How have you connected the headphones to your device?
    • Were you able to see if the headphones detected on your computer?

As a work around, try the below and update us the status of this issue:

• I suggest you to connect the headphones to different device and check if the headphone is working fine. This will help us to detect if the issue is with headphone.
    • If headphones are working fine on other devices, try to connect the headphones to different ports on the PC in the question and check if it is working fine. This will help us to know if the issue is with ports.

I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman...

1. for the last time, why dont my headphones work on my new laptop? they work on my walkman... - Similar Threads - last why dont

2. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  3. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  4. My headphone is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headphone is not working in my laptop: My headphone is not working in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphone-is-not-working-in-my-laptop/1ceeba98-6098-46d1-b5fb-1fbc67e6bf7e
  5. My headphone is not working in my laptop

My headphone is not working in my laptop: My headphone is not working in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphone-is-not-working-in-my-laptop/1ceeba98-6098-46d1-b5fb-1fbc67e6bf7e
  6. My headphone is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  8. my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time

my new mic and headphones are not working at the same time: I have a new mic so I plugged it into my computer. It turned on and all was good until I tried to speak it was on I could see the LED so i unplugged everything and it worked but once I plugged my headphones back in the headphones didn't work.so how do i get it to work at the...
  9. my headphones dont work after i pulled them out of my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my headphones dont work after i pulled them out of my laptop: recently my audios not been working after i unplugged my headphones to use them for my phone, when i came back to my laptop the audio wasnt working correctly and i can only hear audio in 1 side however the audios fine when i dont use headphones.its not the headphones they...
  10. my headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my headphones dont work: the only thing that comes out of my head phones is the trubleshoot beep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-headphones-dont-work/1efa5359-5310-4c32-95d2-33898d770be6