Windows 10: for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...

Discus and support for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; due to corona i will need to work from home, and my work pc is using windows 10 home. if i swtich to windows 10 pro but dont activate will i be able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnimeshAga, May 4, 2021.

1. for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...

due to corona i will need to work from home, and my work pc is using windows 10 home. if i swtich to windows 10 pro but dont activate will i be able to use remote desktop for 2 months and then get revert back to my windows 10 home? I would prefer that over other remote utilities as it is native to the OS.

:)

AnimeshAga, May 4, 2021

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, May 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...

Introducing New Remote Sensing Features

Read more: Introducing New Remote Sensing Features | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, May 4, 2021
Thema:

for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated...

1. for the next 2 months i need to use remote desktop, does it make sense to use unactivated... - Similar Threads - next months need

2. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  3. I cannot use remote desktop connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot use remote desktop connection: I cannot use remote desktop connection, when I open the RDP file I ask me to choose a default and in settings>choose defaults by file type ---> there is no .rdp file.I'm using win 11 home but my friend has the same and she has the option....
  4. Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues using Remote Desktop Connection but not Remote Desktop App?: Hello, I have tried a couple of things to make Remote Desktop Connection work with no results. I verified my firewall and that Remote Desktop was checked, I pinged my works router while connected to the VPN and it works, I unchecked the "only allow connections from...
  5. Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Booting Remote PC using Remote Desktop?: I have a remote PC (W10 Pro) and it is connected to my local house network by WiFi. It controls some equipment in a remote shed, and normally does not have a monitor/keyboard or mouse connected to it. I would like to switch it on in the shed (possibly using an internet mains...
  6. using an unactivated windows 10 for commercial use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using an unactivated windows 10 for commercial use: HelloI want to ask about Windows 10,this is my condition I want to make an e-book that might be commercialized, I just don't have enough money yet to buy a licensed windowsMay I use Windows 10 that has not been activated in making an e-book through a free application, once...
  7. Remote Desktop recurring use

Remote Desktop recurring use: Hi all. I am currently using TeamViewer to help my family with their semi-regular computer needs. Regular enough, I suppose, that TeamViewer detected 'commercial use' (even though mostly what I do is install drivers and updates on my family members' computers. I cannot...
  8. using an unactivated windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using an unactivated windows 10: hey I've recently downloaded the windows 10 iso image from Microsoft even though I don't have a license key and I started using it I live in a third world country and it's just not possible for me to buy I license key, because the it's price is worth a salary in my country,...
  9. Using Remote Desktop

Using Remote Desktop: I have Windows 10 home on my desktop and absolutely need to remote into it from my laptop. Apparently you can't do this with windows 10 unless you upgrade to pro which isn't free of charge. Do I need to go back to windows 8 in order to do this?...
  10. A fix that does not make sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A fix that does not make sense: My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel...