Windows 10: For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe...

Discus and support For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before even typing this, I'm pretty sure it is a waste of time. A couple weeks ago Win10 was "updated" without my permission. As I am in dispute with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VincentSetala, Aug 12, 2019.

1. For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe...

Before even typing this, I'm pretty sure it is a waste of time. A couple weeks ago Win10 was "updated" without my permission. As I am in dispute with the SSA after ID theft. Though I had to choose to KEEP my apps and program files, as soon as the "update" was completed every app end executable program including YEARS of art projects and "for sale" articles I had written ARE NOW GONE. None of my devices will work, and even the boot times for anything can now take up to an hour to boot. My THIRD computer has been destroyed.

It appears going to court is the ONLY thing that gets ANY attention, and though I do know the court of jurisdiction and filing process used that was successful and gaining both the Courts opinion that as this is MY computer, so MS has NO authority to "act" on my computer system, remove programs and files without my express permission as well as financial remuneration, I would prefer not to have to hire attorneys and fight through an army of MS litigators, I personally don't know how. Heck, I've been "on hold" with customer service over an hour already, (with 38 minutes till closing I see already where this is going) and from reading through the support forums, actually even getting a straight answer to very simple questions does not seem to be the policy at any level.

As I could easily lose my disability y not being able to print ANY documentation, not including all that was removed, I can't think of anything other than civil tort. If anyone out there has another plan, I'd sure love to hear it! Living on disability is hard enough, but losing that, is far more than I can accept. I would be more than grateful to anyone who may be able to help. Thanks, all. Vinny

:)

VincentSetala, Aug 12, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Ikaruga Win User

For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe...

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe...

1. For the third time, a Win10 forced update w/out my permission has made evey app and exe... - Similar Threads - third Win10 forced

2. "Connection has timed out"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connection has timed out": I get "Connection has timed out" on some websites that fail to open, I flushed the dns and renewed but that did not work how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-has-timed-out/6f881cdc-cdf2-4d6a-930d-f26b49957d97
  3. Forced out of fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced out of fullscreen apps: When I enter full screen in some games, they force tab me out of said game. It seems to only happen with games with launchers, like Skyrim and Minecraft. I have all the latest drivers installed. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  4. Forced out of fullscreen apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced out of fullscreen apps: When I enter full screen in some games, they force tab me out of said game. It seems to only happen with games with launchers, like Skyrim and Minecraft. I have all the latest drivers installed. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  5. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  6. The connection has timed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The connection has timed out: after waking the computer i have to go thru two of theese The connection has timed out An error occurred during a connection to photoinspection.info. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages,...
  7. Permissions for .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions for .exe files: Even as an administrator on my own laptop, I cannot unzip and use a .exe file that I have had for years on other computers with no problems. But when I updated windows 10 on 27 August 2020, and tried to use that file on this computer, I was prevented. Previous versions of...
  8. Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions: Okay so... I was talking to a Microsoft service person via direct message last night. They had me change the permissions on my C Drive, so I can fix the "all my new folders are stuck on "Read Only" issue. BUT something went wrong.... And now I don't have permission to...
  9. Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Upgrade stuck for third time: Looks to be stuck in a loop, at 32% overall, 6% at Installing features and drivers. Second attempt was left for overnight and nothing changed. Toshiba L305-S5921 Laptop. Upgrading from Win 7 home. Had no trouble on my desktop or HP laptop. Any Ideas??? 14332
  10. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...