Windows 10: For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings...

Discus and support For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm writing this to hopefully help other people who have had this very frustrating issue come up. All of the sudden my computer screensaver stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mytone1, Aug 7, 2022.

1. mytone1 Win User

For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings...

I'm writing this to hopefully help other people who have had this very frustrating issue come up. All of the sudden my computer screensaver stopped working. The power settings for the monitor shut off and the computer going into sleep wasn't working either.I have Windows 11 Pro version 21H2. This is a new machine, only 3 months old.I searched the internet and couldn't come up with a fix. I called Microsoft. The first tech had me do an in-place upgrade to a different version of Windows 11 Pro. I did that. That did not solve the problem.I tried calling again and never got a call back the 2nd ti

:)

mytone1, Aug 7, 2022
  2. ZVTA Win User

Windows 11 Screen saver and Sleep settings

Hey there,

First time posting here since I couldn't really find a clear answer on what I am experiencing.

I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 11 and am trying to replicate my old screensaver and sleep setting from Windows 10, but it doesn't seem Windows 11 is allowing that configuration.

Specifically, my settings in Windows 10 were:

When plugged in, turn my screen off NEVER

When plugged in, put my device to sleep after 20 minutes.

The motivation behind this setting is that it would drive me nuts if my monitors went dark while I was reading, or was monitoring something on a screen without actively mousing or typing, or had just stepped away for a few minutes. Since I have multiple monitors, there's always a gap time for the monitors to load back up, which also aggravated me.

Anyways, every time I try to set the screensaver/screens off time to be greater than the sleep time in Windows 11, it overrides the sleep setting to equal the screensaver/screens off time. It appears the settings have no issue with the screen time being less than sleep time. Under this scenario, the only way I can get my monitors to stay on provided the computer is awake is to have my computer NEVER enter sleep mode.

Anyways, any help or assistance would be awesome.

Many thanks

ZVTA, Aug 7, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Screensaver slideshow does not display correctly whith dual monitors set to "extend desktop"

Hi Tom,

Since you've already checked the Screen Saver Settings, kindly answer the following question for clarification:

• Have you tried turning off the second monitor while assigning the screensaver slideshow to the primary monitor?
    • Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the screensaver?

We also suggest that you make the screensaver slideshow to appear first at the primary monitor properly before troubleshooting with the second monitor.

Kindly get back to us for clarification.

Xylee Del, Aug 7, 2022
  4. DwayneM Win User

For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings...

Laptop Does Not Sleep Automatically/Screensaver never starts

My laptop does not sleep automatically...ever when connected to the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Mouse with the laptop closed and connected to a Monitor. Here are my Power & sleep settings:

For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings... [​IMG]

Also, no matter how long I leave my system untouched, the screensaver never starts. Here are those settings:

For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings... [​IMG]

Any suggestions? I am under the assumption that resolving one issue would resolve both.

Here is the output of powercfg /lastwake, powercfg /requests, and powercfg /waketimers

The listed waketimer presumably is required by Acronis backup as I have a backup scheduled at 4am daily.

DwayneM, Aug 7, 2022
Thema:

1. For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings... - Similar Threads - those issues screensaver

2. Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!: For days I've been reading posts about why my screensaver wasn't activating. After trying numerous potential fixes that didn't work, I finally found the issue on my system. I ran the following command as admin in Powershell...powercfg -requestsUnder the DISPLAY section was...
  3. Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver/monitor sleep not working? Try this!: For days I've been reading posts about why my screensaver wasn't activating. After trying numerous potential fixes that didn't work, I finally found the issue on my system. I ran the following command as admin in Powershell...powercfg -requestsUnder the DISPLAY section was...
  4. For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings...

For those who have issues with Windows 11 screensaver, monitor shut off, and sleep settings...: I'm writing this to hopefully help other people who have had this very frustrating issue come up. All of the sudden my computer screensaver stopped working. The power settings for the monitor shut off and the computer going into sleep wasn't working either.I have Windows 11...
  5. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  6. Computer having shut down and sleep issues.

Computer having shut down and sleep issues.: Sometimes when I turn off my computer, or my computer goes to sleep mode, the computer can be still heard running, but the monitor is black. The computer stays off even after "shut down" for a long while, sometimes overnight. Is there a fix to this?...
  7. Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor shuts off instead of going to sleep in Windows 10: I've only had this problem since using Windows 10, and it keeps returning. After a fresh reinstall the screen sleep function works properly, but eventually something gets borked and instead of going to sleep, it shuts off. Normally in sleep mode moving the mouse or tapping a...
  8. Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Looking for those who have a 5.1 setup: I have a set of Z506 and I cant seem to get the two rear speakers to work. I double checked my work and still nothing. I already have windows setup to run in 5.1, and even there the two rears wont play a sound. HELP its driving me insane. I have a Z87 sabertooth. 30809
  9. monitor shuts off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...
  10. Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings)

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off after 10min (not screensaver or power settings): Hello just few days ago monitor (Asus PG278Q) started turning off after 10 min while watching media or idle. Checked screensaver: set to 'none' Checked power settings: max performance, set to never shut down or sleep. What else can turn off monitor except screensaver...