Windows 10: For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read!

Discus and support For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, all. If you're reading this, then you probably are going through what I went through with my Windows 10 2-in-1, a Cube iWork10 Pro. Excellent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kelsey Tidwell, Dec 2, 2018.

1. For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read!

Hi, all.

If you're reading this, then you probably are going through what I went through with my Windows 10 2-in-1, a Cube iWork10 Pro. Excellent machine with the internals of a Surface at WAY lower prices...and USB, but since it's an imported unit it can be hard to find fixes and help for it. But if you're the owner of ANY 2-in-1 I have some good information for you!

I'm a writer, and even though the iWork10 has a very good little keyboard, I've found myself wanting to detach the display to orient it in a tall book page-like position as I type. You can't do that, of course, because the keyboard HAS to be attached in order to work. So I purchased a Black Friday special deal on a "gaming" keyboard with the Brown Cherry-type switches. For those who care, the Brown type are the quiet ones...I like to write after everyone here at home is in the bed.

My trouble arose when I separated my laptop to test out my new setup, and the screen rotated, but was upside down whether I placed it in landscape position or vertical. My immediate suspicions:

1. A problem with the Bosch Accelerometer driver on my 2-in-1.
    2. The recent (within the past few days) cumulative Windows update.
    3. The activation two days ago of the voice control aspect of Windows.

Those suspicions aren't based on any evidence other than that they are the only two changes I've made to the laptop, and everybody and their brother is having problems with the Windows 10 updates lately.

So I did a system restore to the pre-update setup. That would have also taken care of the voice stuff because I activated that AFTER the Win 10 update. No improvement. That left the driver as the only possibility I could think of, so I went searching online for information.

I read unknown numbers of related online posts, most of which on answers.microsoft consisted mostly of very frustrated users yelling at the bots that Microsoft unleashes like flying monkeys on us with their stupid canned responses that you can tell were not based on any human reading the original post at all. So frustrating!

There were also a few sites where people had luck doing registry edits. That's not out of the realm of doability for me, but it's not exactly like eating doughnuts either, so I figured I'd leave that as a last resort.

Then I found a site called TechTablets.com, and that's where I got some real knowledgeable help and my answer. There's a lady (I surmise by the name of 'Laura') on there who did a step-by-step that fixed things for me. I will supply a link here, but NOTE: IT ONLY WORKS FOR THE CUBE IWORK10 PRO AS FAR AS I KNOW. I figure this particular page will be useless for everybody else, but I'm providing it AS AN EXAMPLE of what to look for on the TechTablets site for YOUR PARTICULAR DEVICE.

AGAIN: DO NOT PERFORM THE OPERATIONS ON THIS LINK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A CUBE IWORK 10 PRO. LOOK FOR YOUR BRAND OF DEVICE ON THE SITE FOR APPROPRIATE INSTRUCTIONS.

https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/fixing-the-infamous-bosch-accelerometer-yellow-triangle/

When I attempted to follow the directions, I ran into a situation where I could not delete files because of permissions. I've lost the link to the site that explained how to change the permissions, so I'm afraid I'll have to leave you to your own resources there. But in the end, once I did as Laura instructed and reinstalled the accelerometer driver and rebooted, everything WORKS CORRECTLY NOW! Yay!

It wasn't Windows...it was the driver.

:)

Kelsey Tidwell, Dec 2, 2018

2. screen orientation

Hi,

There's an option on Windows 10 to switch between landscape and portrait orientation. We recommend following these steps on how to switch the screen orientation from portrait to landscape:

• On Cortana search, type display settings.
    • Choose Display settings from the list.
    • Under Orientation, select on Landscape and click
      Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Screen autorotation not working

I have a ne HP 810 G3 Revolve tablet PC and I can not get the autorotation to work.

I was told this only works in Tablet mode, so I set that to automatically kick in when I rotated the screen -- but the screen image did not rotate.

So, I set tablet mode to manual, rotated the screen, and selected table mode -- and nothing happened.

Anyone have any suggestions?

This is a GREAT little tablet/laptop and this is the only issue I'm having with it.

Mark Phelps, Dec 2, 2018
  4. jac.chr Win User

For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read!

Surface registry key to set screen orientation to Portrait

Hi Experts

How do I disable the autorotation and set the screen orientation to 'Portrait' on a Surface tablet? In the 'Screen Resolution' settings the orientation is set to 'Portrait' and the 'Allow the screen to auto-rotate' is de-selected. However after a reboot
    the screen still auto-rotates (even thought the auto-rotate is still de-selected' and the screen is not in 'Portrait' mode if the Surface is placed in 'landscape'.

I have checked the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation and can see that the Enable DWORD value is set to 0. I can see that the value toggles if selecting or de-selecting the 'Allow the screen to auto-rotate'
    option is changed.

Is there any registry key that will permanently disable the auto-rotate function and keep the screen orientation fixed to 'Portrait' - even after a restart?

jac.chr, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read!

1. For users suffering with a faulty screen autorotate orientation problem...please read! - Similar Threads - users suffering faulty

2. Suffering Blue Screen issue, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suffering Blue Screen issue, please help: Hi Microsoft Community, I've been suffering the blue screen issue to a point no longer acceptable. I generated following stop codes. Please help me to diagnose the root.Stop codes: DRIVER IROL NOT LESS OR EQUALPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREASYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - What failed;...
  3. Suffering Blue Screen issue, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suffering Blue Screen issue, please help: Hi Microsoft Community, I've been suffering the blue screen issue to a point no longer acceptable. I generated following stop codes. Please help me to diagnose the root.Stop codes: DRIVER IROL NOT LESS OR EQUALPAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREASYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - What failed;...
  4. Suffering Blue Screen issue, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix the screen autorotation orientation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the screen autorotation orientation?: Hi,My laptop asus TP500L, when I flip it to the right or left the screen rotates in the wrong direction and it becomes upside down , I think that the sensor needs calibration or reset , it’s not a problem of Ctrl+Alt+Arrow , I tried it but it didn’t help me out I want the...
  6. How to fix the screen autorotation orientation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the screen autorotation orientation?: Hi,My laptop asus TP500L, when I flip it to the right or left the screen rotates in the wrong direction and it becomes upside down , I think that the sensor needs calibration or reset , it’s not a problem of Ctrl+Alt+Arrow , I tried it but it didn’t help me out I want the...
  7. How to fix the screen autorotation orientation?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows screen orientation

windows screen orientation: windows screen orientation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-screen-orientation/894a4965-03c7-4923-9689-e20037dc5a52
  9. Screen Orientation

Screen Orientation: How do I change ( 2 ) screen set up from left to right orientation to top and bottom orientation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-orientation/bea9aa08-f355-4ff3-b86e-43680dbfd91a
  10. Screen autorotation not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen autorotation not working: I have a ne HP 810 G3 Revolve tablet PC and I can not get the autorotation to work. I was told this only works in Tablet mode, so I set that to automatically kick in when I rotated the screen -- but the screen image did not rotate. So, I set tablet mode to manual,...