Windows 10: For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

Discus and support For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello.. I searched every where for weeks but I need to ask directly now, what happened to my volume levels? It will show that I selected max volume,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meowingtonphd, Nov 2, 2019.

1. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

Hello.. I searched every where for weeks but I need to ask directly now, what happened to my volume levels? It will show that I selected max volume, but only achieve 1/3 of it, like it is forcing the volume to be lower. The only thing that works is if I turn on OR off windows sonic, then it will work for 5 minutes, and revert to original low volume. WTF happened?

tl;dr similar to how phones will brute force lower volume, my windows 10 lowers volume, but it will appear as if I have volume set to 100%, even though it wont reach that unless I turn on or off windows sonic For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter :p idk wtf is going on.

Thanks for helping btw

submitted by /u/meowingtonphd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meowingtonphd, Nov 2, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter :p

cadaveca, Nov 2, 2019
  3. smith256 Win User
    Sound is too low for windows 10

Try these steps:

• Open the Sound menu (as shown in your second screenshot).

• Right-click on your speakers (or the audio output you want to amplify), and select Properties.

• Go to the Enhancements tab.

• Check the Loudness Equalization option.
    This makes quiet sounds louder, loud sounds quieter.

smith256, Nov 2, 2019
  4. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

external soundbar dips in sound till quieter than laptop speakers

Hi Bebecca,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; is the issue occurs only with the external Soundbar?

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter

1. For weeks since last update, my sound is much quieter - Similar Threads - weeks since last

2. Headphone audio suddenly much quieter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone audio suddenly much quieter: Recently the audio in my headphones has become much quieter to the point where I need to have the volume set within the 80-85 range to hear things at normal volume. I switched to another USB port on my computer which worked and had the correct volume, however it has recently...
  3. Headphone audio suddenly much quieter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone audio suddenly much quieter: Recently the audio in my headphones has become much quieter to the point where I need to have the volume set within the 80-85 range to hear things at normal volume. I switched to another USB port on my computer which worked and had the correct volume, however it has recently...
  4. Help! System sounds are quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! System sounds are quieter.: Hello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I am underHello. Today I noticed that the system sounds have become quieter. I connected a mouse and heard a faint sound. Sound seems to be muffled now. But I didn't change any sound settings. I have the...
  5. Sound devices disabled since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262
  6. Random BSODs since update last week

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  7. Bluetooth issues since last weeks update

Bluetooth issues since last weeks update: Morning I have the following devices Lenovo Thinkpad E540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Acer Extensa 2540 OS: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.113 Nokia phone on Android OS Samsung tablet on Android OS Bluetooth Microsoft Mouse 3600 My issue: Before the update,...
  8. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Weird 'update' errors since last week now and then: Hi all! Since last week I see on most systems here now and then the following in Windows Problem Report: [img] I assume I am not the only one and it looks like a Microsoft-server is overloaded. Is there any way to get rid of those errors? The strange thing is that...