Windows 10: Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail

Discus and support Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Given all the issues Microsoft has caused with current updates, don't you think your customers deserve some respect? We have chosen to put up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by C.L.R., Nov 16, 2018.

1. C.L.R. Win User

Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail

Given all the issues Microsoft has caused with current updates, don't you think your customers deserve some respect? We have chosen to put up with your problems because you deliver a relatively good product without the advertising hype we have to put up with on other platforms. Why would I pay for Microsoft as a service if the service I get includes ads? No thank you.

:)

C.L.R., Nov 16, 2018

2. Microsoft adds 'behavioral targeting' to their advertising campaign

Microsoft has recently been competing with search giants such as Google for advertising money. And so, like what Google does in Gmail accounts, Microsoft is adding 'behavioral targeting', or personalized ads, to it's advertising campaign. What that means is that Microsoft will report their users' search habits, sorted by demographics, to advertisers. The advertisers can then use this data to create advertisements based on what the demographics search for. Search engines such as Google and Yahoo also use personalized advertising.

Source: Mercury News

zekrahminator, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center

Source: Improvements to the advertising reports in Dev Center | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Pulls IE8 Advertisement

Since IE8 falls under the category of general software, I figured this is the right place to post this little news tidbit.

Microsoft created a tongue-in-cheek advertisement that has caused some people a bit of angst. After being criticized for it's rather tasteless approach, Microsoft pulled the ad.

I think this may be one of Microsofts best ever. It is a bit over the top but I couldn't help laughing out loud. Not for those with weak stomachs.

source : DailyTech

Kreij, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Forbes reports Microsoft plans on adding Advertising to Microsoft Mail - Similar Threads - Forbes reports Microsoft

2. Microsoft ads Office Web Apps advertisement to Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ads Office Web Apps advertisement to Windows 10 PCs: If you run a recent Windows 10 PC, you may have noticed new listings for Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, or Word in the Start Menu or the list of installed programs, even if you did not install the programs. It happened yesterday on a stable Windows 10 PC running Windows 10...
  3. Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Assure Paid Plan Plan: On August 7, I called for my regular paid tuneup. I don't know what he did but the computer was even slower. I called again on August 8, the issue became worse the individual was unsure of what he was doing. I called again twice after with the long hold. Then finally...
  4. About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.: Hey guys, wishing have a healthy and safety to all of you. I recently visited a motion graphics website to download some documents, unfortunately then I clicked "Allow" to load the file, and so a number of promotional messages appeared on Microsoft Edge. I downloaded AdBlock...
  5. Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire: Please, for the love of all that's holy, turn down the advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire! Or, at least put a heath warning up when launching the app. Especially for headset users, like myself. I mean, just because I refuse to throw money at you to avoid the ads...
  6. Bing Ads is now Microsoft Advertising

in Windows 10 News
    Bing Ads is now Microsoft Advertising: Bing Ads name change — The evolution of Microsoft Advertising These days, marketers have more power than ever to identify and reach customers. With data, AI and automation at your fingertips, it’s no longer just reaching more people that matters to growing your brand. It’s...
  7. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  8. Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders: With the release of subscription-based productivity software Office 365 back in 2011, Microsoft introduced a ton of great features to it and its related apps. The Office 365 subscription removes ads from Outlook’s website and allows users to access several advanced features....
  9. Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

in Browsers and Email
    Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?: I am not even sure the mail app is not already part of startup. It is not listed in my Task Manager Startup tab. Because I am completely ignorant on this subject any replies are appreciated. *Confused 25329
  10. Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to share Windows Threshold plans at Build 2014 show: Report: Microsoft's Windows team may share its high-level plans for its next-generation Windows 'Threshold' release at its upcoming Build developers show, according to a new sourced report. It looks like those Threshold tipsters were right on the money about Microsoft's...