Windows 10: Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

Discus and support Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LeahG xx, Jan 21, 2020.

1. LeahG xx Win User

Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

Hi,

I've been having trouble with a specific app that refuses to close itself when I shutdown/reboot/logoff. Forcing the app to close won't hurt it or my data, it just refuses to close at shutdown because it's poorly coded. It's a big-name non-MS app so I won't name it.

Is there any way I can make Windows ignore this app and shut down regardless?

PS: I don't want to use the AutoEndTasks reg key or anything with a similar effect because this would force close all apps, regardless of unsaved data. I just want Windows to ignore thisone specific app.

Thanks,

Leah

:)

LeahG xx, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Jan 21, 2020
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

How to force close app and shutdown?

My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either.

So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that will restart the Explorer. After i click it, file Explorer is closed and goes to black screen with only loading pointer. There is nothing I can do, Only Ctrl + alt + dell is working
    and I still cannot launch task manager from there when it happen. I tried to shutdown/restart from ctrl+alt+dell menu but it doesn't work, just stuck in shutdown/restart screen so I have to force off the laptop with power button which is hurt. Is there any
    command on the cmd to force close all not responding app and shtdown? Or any fix? Help pls

Sorry bad English hope u understand

TegarOktavian, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown

1. Force a Specific App/Task to Close at Shutdown - Similar Threads - Force Specific App

2. Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown PC when a specific app is closed - WIN 10: Hi everyone,I wanted ask to the community if exist a method to shutdown a pc when a specific app is closed, i need to do that after using a PC Stick connected at a Smart TV.Thank you...
  3. Mail app keep force closing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app keep force closing.: Anybody else facing the Mail being crashed? This happens while I am trying to reply to a mail. I have updated the app using the MS Store two days ago. submitted by /u/dice_rolling [link] [comments]...
  4. Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes

Make it so when a specific app opens another specific app closes: I have some apps that run some background activity and that have a serious toll on how my games perform, and I was wondering if I could automate them closing when I open a certain game and possibly reopen. Thanks submitted by /u/randomnewskills [link] [comments]...
  5. Force shutdown

Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  6. Close and Force Close application

Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  7. How to force close app and shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force close app and shutdown?: My windows 10 file explorer is not responding sometimes and it's been the 4th times. I don't know why. I wanted to restart explorer proces from task manager but task manager isn't working either. So I restart explorer using the restart explorer.bat file on the desktop that...
  8. How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?: When I restart the end task dialog appear for some open applications and I must press on end task to close all these apps so is there a way to force close all of them without displaying end task dialog ? Thanks 129866
  9. Task force

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task force: Ik krij dit bericht : Background Task host werk niet meer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/task-force/371b2346-c527-405c-9b06-228731d217a8
  10. How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?: Hi, I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved. Any suggestion ? Regards 67302