Windows 10: Force all the traffic through a VPN?

Discus and support Force all the traffic through a VPN? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Is there a way I can force all the traffic (wired or WiFi) through my PPTP VPN? Or perhaps a kill switch that will make the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lolcocks, Mar 7, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Force all the traffic through a VPN?

Hello,

Is there a way I can force all the traffic (wired or WiFi) through my PPTP VPN?

Or perhaps a kill switch that will make the network inaccessible unless it's through my VPN?

:)

lolcocks, Mar 7, 2019
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 7, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Force all the traffic through a VPN? :D

P4-630, Mar 7, 2019
  4. dxiv Win User

In Windows 10 how do you ensure all traffic goes through VPN?

These are 2 questions rolled into one.

I'm basically looking for a internet kill switch in the case VPN fails

@Moab's answer settles this question nicely.

What is the easiest way to ensure all traffic goes through the VPN in Windows 10?
    <br>
    Is there any built in ways?

This is a different question. Note that all traffic goes through the VPN has an implied "as long as the VPN connection is up". The built-in way to route Internet traffic over VPN will transparently fallback to the local Internet connection if the VPN gets disconnected for whatever reason.

That said, the following steps should answer the 2nd question:

• right click the Start button, select Network Connections
    • click the VPN connection you want to use, right-click, select Properties
    • click the Networking tab, select IPv4 from the list, click Properties
    • click Advanced, make sure "Use default gateway on remote network" is checked
    • repeat previous step for IPv6 if applicable

dxiv, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Force all the traffic through a VPN? - Similar Threads - Force traffic through

2. How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?: Hello,I am looking for a way to direct all internet traffic through a specific NIC, here is the scenario: > I am running a VPN client on a Windows computer. When the user logs in, the VPN client automatically connects rather, the tunnel is established without the user...
  3. How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to allow all internet traffic through a specified NIC?: Hello,I am looking for a way to direct all internet traffic through a specific NIC, here is the scenario: > I am running a VPN client on a Windows computer. When the user logs in, the VPN client automatically connects rather, the tunnel is established without the user...
  4. How to route all Traffic through the Internal Network in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to route all Traffic through the Internal Network in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]A remote computer has two options to use the internet when it connects to an internal network, and one of them is the default gateway. If you want to prevent the remote client computer from using the internet through the default gateway and allow it to use the secure...
  5. folder sharing through vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sharing through vpn: I'm always connecting to a specific VPN. Will the folders I have shared be shared automatically with other users connected to that VPN?I'm worried about personal folders that I have already shared to access them with my other devices through Wi-Fi....
  6. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  7. Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does win10 native vpn route all traffic via vpn?: I normally use router based vpn (lan to lan) but am currently testing win10 native, specifically l2tp with pre-shared key. What I am finding is that when the vpn is connected, I can't access some other resources - specifically some remote routers on wan that only accept from...
  8. Remote Desktop through VPN

Remote Desktop through VPN: I have a problem connecting to my remote pc via VPN. I have the same vpn server connected from phone and remote pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-through-vpn/f238f858-2e14-4c5f-a1d6-c5432901c0a8
  9. I want Windows 10 to not allow any traffic that doesn't go through the VPN.

I want Windows 10 to not allow any traffic that doesn't go through the VPN.: I want Windows 10 to not allow any traffic that doesn't go through the VPN. How to setup VPN so I will get this functionality? Goran https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-windows-10-to-not-allow-any-traffic-that/d63649d2-0c26-4963-bdae-0b9f9ef76fed
  10. OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10

OpenVPN - Send All Traffic Through VPN in Windows 10: With OpenVPN on macOS, I have the option to check to send all traffic through the VPN. With Windows 10 (v1803), I do not have this option. Does anyone know if OpenVPN 2.4.6 will automatically send all traffic through the VPN? I don't want *any* traffic to not go through the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows force all traffic over vpn

2. force all traffic through vpn windows 10

3. windows 10 configuration that all internet traffic goes through the VPN?

4. windows 2004 update no traffc through vpn,
  5. windows 10 send all traffic over vpn,
  6. vpn windows10 all traffic over vpn,
  7. windows force traffic though vpn,
  8. how to force windows update over vpn