Windows 10: Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

Discus and support Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I force closed explorer.exe and then turned my PC off and on again to try and restart explorer.exe. It now seems that explorer.exe will not start. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ehullerichs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

I force closed explorer.exe and then turned my PC off and on again to try and restart explorer.exe.
    It now seems that explorer.exe will not start. I can now do nothing but wave my mouse on a black background on my main screen. Everything is also displayed at a lower resolution, that dose not fit the screen.

:)

ehullerichs, Oct 30, 2019
  2. hapEcat Win User

rundll32.exe opens and closes continiously

All this started back in early August, or about the time "Windows Creator" was installed.
    I have sound notifications for processes that open or close, a paranoia from long ago, or I would have never known this was going on.

rundll32.exe continuously opens and closes (1-2sec intervals) when a "windows explorer" R click menu is pulled up. I can pull up "MS Process Explorer" and it all stops. Found the culprit process by 1st pulling up "Process Explorer" and then R click on any icon pinned to the taskbar. I could then see the process open and closing.

I'm sure someone will suggest to simply just turn off the sounds for opening and closing, but I like to know when something is happening that is not normal, and a continual opening and closing of a process is not normal.... Normally all is quiet.

hapEcat, Oct 30, 2019
  3. poohsis Win User
    force closing issues

Tried all options listed. Still force closing whenever an ad comes up.

poohsis, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

why does the file explorer closes everytime a folder with exe programs is opened. an error

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it did not work.

The MS support walked thru similar steps, we even reinstalled, deleted the folder but with no resolution.

It is strange because this happens specifically on folders that have .exe programs. I can access other folders.

The programs within the directory are listed and about 20 seconds later it closes.

regards

Dorian

DorianDesouza Faria, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

1. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC. - Similar Threads - Force closed explorer

2. Windows 11 Explorer always force close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer always force close: hello everyone, here i have a problem when my laptop boots up, and I want to open windows explorer it opens and closes immediately. it happens often and won't stop unless i open google chrome or microsoft edge and windows explorer will be back to normal and can be used. but...
  3. Windows 11 Explorer always force close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Explorer always force close: hello everyone, here i have a problem when my laptop boots up, and I want to open windows explorer it opens and closes immediately. it happens often and won't stop unless i open google chrome or microsoft edge and windows explorer will be back to normal and can be used. but...
  4. File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11: I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to solve it, do I need to use back to Win10...
  5. File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer is force closed after upgrade Win11: I have upgraded to Win11 two months ago, but recently the file explorer is force closed every day. do anyone have the same issue on this, and how to solve it, do I need to use back to Win10...
  6. Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes: I tought it was a bug for new version of Windows 10 ver 2004, and then i tried to downgrade my Windows to 1909 ver, but the same problem still occur....
  7. My pc turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc turns off randomly: Nome registro: System Origine: EventLog Data: 22/07/2020 16:09:53 ID evento: 6008 Categoria attività:Nessuna Livello: Errore Parole chiave: Classico Utente: N/D Computer: DESKTOP-VL4J8D1 Descrizione: Precedente arresto del sistema inatteso...
  8. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  9. Turn off my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off my PC: When I try to turn off my computer appears the following message: There are currently no power options available. What can I do to turn off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-my-pc/038bff1c-8d8e-4809-b402-3ff3dbd398b7
  10. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087
Tags: