Windows 10: Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

Discus and support Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I force closed explorer.exe and then turned my PC off and on again to try and restart explorer.exe. It now seems that explorer.exe will not start. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ehullerichs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

I force closed explorer.exe and then turned my PC off and on again to try and restart explorer.exe.
    It now seems that explorer.exe will not start. I can now do nothing but wave my mouse on a black background on my main screen. Everything is also displayed at a lower resolution, that dose not fit the screen.

:)

ehullerichs, Oct 30, 2019
  2. hapEcat Win User

rundll32.exe opens and closes continiously

All this started back in early August, or about the time "Windows Creator" was installed.
    I have sound notifications for processes that open or close, a paranoia from long ago, or I would have never known this was going on.

rundll32.exe continuously opens and closes (1-2sec intervals) when a "windows explorer" R click menu is pulled up. I can pull up "MS Process Explorer" and it all stops. Found the culprit process by 1st pulling up "Process Explorer" and then R click on any icon pinned to the taskbar. I could then see the process open and closing.

I'm sure someone will suggest to simply just turn off the sounds for opening and closing, but I like to know when something is happening that is not normal, and a continual opening and closing of a process is not normal.... Normally all is quiet.

hapEcat, Oct 30, 2019
  3. poohsis Win User
    force closing issues

Tried all options listed. Still force closing whenever an ad comes up.

poohsis, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

why does the file explorer closes everytime a folder with exe programs is opened. an error

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it did not work.

The MS support walked thru similar steps, we even reinstalled, deleted the folder but with no resolution.

It is strange because this happens specifically on folders that have .exe programs. I can access other folders.

The programs within the directory are listed and about 20 seconds later it closes.

regards

Dorian

DorianDesouza Faria, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC.

1. Force closed explorer.exe and turned off my PC. - Similar Threads - Force closed explorer

2. Turn off my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn off my PC: When I try to turn off my computer appears the following message: There are currently no power options available. What can I do to turn off my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-my-pc/038bff1c-8d8e-4809-b402-3ff3dbd398b7
  3. Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off dual monitor crashes my pc: So, Im running a dual monitor setup on the moment but not actually using the second one because it's not working, still, when i try to turn of the second monitor from my computer and remove the vga cable, the computer stays well for a few minutes but at the moment that i open...
  4. Laptop turning off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...
  5. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...
  6. Turn off forced shut off after updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced shut off after updates?: How can one turn off the forced (planned) shut offs after Win updates? 43087
  7. Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off forced update of drivers through WU?: For me, one of the most annoying features of Windows 10 is the forced updates - unlike previous operating systems, you can't review the list of updates, and decide which ones you want to install. I've had driver updates through WU (Windows 7) screw up my machines before, and...
  8. My keyboard and mouse turn my PC on when PC is off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard and mouse turn my PC on when PC is off.: Razer Blackwidow v2 Razer Mamba TE when my pc is fully off. i can turn my pc on by pressing a keyboard button or clicking on my mouse. How do I stop that? I only want it to turn on from my PCs power button. 86384
  9. PC instantly turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC instantly turns off: Hey, I'm not too sure where too put this so here is the issue: Every time I turned my PC on it would stay on for a few seconds then reboot, no BIOS screen or anything showed, I finally got it to work and it said my BIOS was corrupt and it gave me an option to retrieve a...
  10. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...
Tags: