Windows 10: Force constant resolution windows 10

Discus and support Force constant resolution windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First let me start with this. I have hunted every support site to try and find a solution to this problem. I have tried all the so called "fixes". It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Biccus, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Biccus Win User

Force constant resolution windows 10

First let me start with this. I have hunted every support site to try and find a solution to this problem. I have tried all the so called "fixes". It's not a driver issue it's a windows issue so please let's avoid the update ya driver stuff and actually find a registry based solution please.

So the situation is my PC is a 1 size fits all gaming/ media server/media centre type system. It is run through a surrounded sound Yamaha amp via a HDMI cable to my TV i play with an Xbox controller coz i like reclining when I play games, can't have a comfortable experience hunched over a keyboard and mouse, besides wouldn't want to spill my beer on the keyboard.

So windows 10 in all it's let's be like apple and make **** harder to do wisdom, continues to revert to 1920x1080 as opposed to the 3840x2160 it's supposed to be. The amp and TV must both be on at start up for it to recognise this or it dumps it back down to 1080p. Reboot and half the icons are blank and I have to rebuild the icon gallery manually, oh what fun that is. But I digress I fixed that thanks to some guys on the steam forum.

So I am a FIFO worker and must remote into the above mentioned system to perform maintenance and updates ECT. Usually after the Mrs has gone to bed so ergo the TV and amp are usually off, I'll ask her to leave it on but she forgets half the time.

So as soon as I remotely reboot and install ECT I'm back to 1080p with a massive headache because now it's it won't play nice with remote desktop.

So how can I force windows to maintain a constant resolution? I did see a registry edit that I tried but that didn't work unfortunately.

Someone must know how to put windows back in it's box and make it do what it's bloody well told to do!

Specs:

EVGA Z97 Classified

I7-4790k

32gb ripjaw ddr3 from memory I think it's 24xx mhz but I can't quite remember

2x gtx 1080ti in sli

About 8 hard drives main os is on a Samsung SSD

Optical drive coz well why not

1600 watt CoolerMaster PSU because everyone wants to feel like Dr Frankenstein and bring things to life with excessive voltage

I think most of the specs are irrelevant but I have added them just in case.

OS is windows 10 64bit pro which I finally got to update to 20H2 last week long story it involved rolling back the BIOS to an ancient version before it would install, Intel management engine incompatibility apparently

Any ideas how I can fix this once and for all, before I start giving Linux serious consideration? I mean it shouldn't be that hard, hay windows do what I tell you not what you think is best, you're not my wife!

:)

Biccus, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Force constant resolution windows 10

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Force constant resolution windows 10

1. Force constant resolution windows 10 - Similar Threads - Force constant resolution

2. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  3. How to force higher resolution on display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force higher resolution on display?: Hi all,I have a Dell laptop with a i7-8650U CPU, which means it comes with Intel's UHD 620 graphics, which, according to the specs in Dell's User Manual, will support up to 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz over an HDMI 2.0 interface.I also have a 30-inch monitor which is capable of 2560 x...
  4. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  5. Force old game resolution to 16:9

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force old game resolution to 16:9: There's this old game called Hamsterball that only works with the compatibility mode configuration. It used to work in windows 8 just fine but now it only launches in a 4:3 aspect ratio, regardless of the in game settings that set it to 16:9. Is there any way to force...
  6. Program game forcing resolution.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program game forcing resolution.: So, I've been having this problem for a long time and I haven't been able to find a fix for it neither do i know when it started, thus I'll go straight to the point: When I launch CS:GO it forces my resolution to 4:3 and i have to manually change it to 16:9, even with having...
  7. Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Display Resolution FORCE ALWAYS THE SAME EVEN WHEN REBOOTING.: I want to have Windows KEEP the Display Resolution I have Manually Set - I don't want it to ever change from what I had set, and I also do not want a NAG screen . I don't care what windows thinks is best resolution - I simply want to set it and have it stay that way as long...
  8. Forced resolution change affecting screen position

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forced resolution change affecting screen position: Hi I'm having a problem with the in built display on my laptop (It's an xmg). When I turned it on yesterday, the screen wad effectively showing only the top maybe quarter or so of the screen, almost like it had zoomed in (it wasn't, I've checked). On investigating the...
  9. Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Force Resolution and Refresh Rate: Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate? 97581
  10. Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Forced Resolution for Classroom Setting: Hi all! I've got a lab of about 50 computers, all of which are the newer 5K iMacs. They're all set up to dual-boot into Windows 10, but nobody boots into the OS X side. The hardware is great, but the resolution is a bit of a problem. I have all the drivers installed and...