Windows 10: Force Context Menu Appearing

Discus and support Force Context Menu Appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I have this bug on my windows: [img] When I Right+Click on the start orb to open the win+x menu, sometimes the context menu appears at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016.

1. alesyt0h Win User

Force Context Menu Appearing

Hello!

I have this bug on my windows:
    Force Context Menu Appearing [​IMG]

When I Right+Click on the start orb to open the win+x menu, sometimes the context menu appears at the top, just like the image above.

Is there anyway to force the context menu appearing at exact position?

Thanks

:)

alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016

2. Edit the Appearance of the Context Menu

Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to roll back to the previous version of Windows 10 build and follow the below suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on June 7, 2015 and check if it helps.

How to: Rollback to a previous version of Windows from Windows 10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Paul Kara Win User
    Edit the Appearance of the Context Menu

Well, I just updated to the Fall Update and I saw that the submenu style is just awful. In the previous update it was amazing

Any idea how to roll back to that exact submenu?

Paul Kara, Jun 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Speculation only :
    Are you using the "recommended" resolution ?

Start button > System > left side, Display > right side, at the bottom, Advanced display settings > Resolution.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  5. alesyt0h Win User
    yea ofc, as I said sometimes work well, sometimes doesn't *Sad

alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Suggestions only :

1. Graphic card up to date ? Go to your computer manufacturer, see if you grapgic card driver needs updating.

2. Run a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  7. alesyt0h Win User
    Thanks for answer but is not that, it seems only happens with the old start menu instead of the windows 10 default. Seems to be a bug of the application.

Still, force the context menu to appear in a fix position can be a temporary workaround, anyway to do it?

alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

You lost me.

What "old start menu " ?
    What " Windows 10 default " ?

I looked at your screenshot several times. I don't get what you meant.
    Sorry.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  9. alesyt0h Win User
    I mean, I'm using this software StartIsBack: real start menu for Windows 8 and Windows 10

That context menu is the one you make appear with right click the start button or win+x, the normal is the context menu appear near the mouse but sometimes is bugged and appear like the screenshot

alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I don't use 3rd party Start Menu program anymore. Used Start10 once. Never StartIsBack.

Sorry, can't help you.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  11. alesyt0h Win User
    Thanks for try!

Still the question is open! Any registry tweak or something that force context menu in a fixed area

alesyt0h, Jun 4, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    I have no knowledge of that.

Just for the heck of it.
    Try uninstall StartIsBack > then reinstall.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  13. alesyt0h Win User

Same :/ seems a bug of the version, just was looking for a temporary fix

alesyt0h, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Force Context Menu Appearing - Similar Threads - Force Context Menu

2. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  3. Context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Context menu: Hello, I am running a machine with Windows 10 Pro which had version 1703, a few days ago I updated to 20H2. When I had 1703 all ok.... But when I upgraded to 20H2 EACH RIGHT CLICK TAKES ABOUT 5 SECONDS. I think a 4GB ram and i3 processor should not take so long for a right...
  4. context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu: how to add 'desktop' to 'send to option' WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/671f83fb-b3a9-449a-9564-ea120c0b78b8
  5. Context Menu

Context Menu: Is there a way to edit context menus in Windows 10 without having to deal with the registry? If yes, how? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/593aefd6-7ccd-433f-920b-1da873dd4694
  6. Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu

Applications Not Appearing in Context Menu: In the past, I had issues with the right click menus which would crash my file explorer. By searching around on the internet, I eventually downloaded ShellExView and disabled some extensions, including extensions involved with the Context Menu. I didn't realize that I...
  7. Context Menu

Context Menu: I think I installed a demo software or game really long time ago by a private developer on my PC, but I noticed later that had led to the presence of "usmanworldfree.com" on the right click menu. How can i remove it? Help in this regard will be much appreciated....
  8. context menue

context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  9. context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    context menu: right click on desktop blank space, a context menu appears as I click on its "new" item no respond and the menu automatically closed. what is the matter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu/2843ddc0-0011-4c82-b2ab-ab281dd3271b
  10. Context menu takes a long time to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu takes a long time to appear: So recently I just found this weird thing where Context menu would take a while maybe around 5-10 seconds to load but this would only happen if I right click one of the nvidia driver installation files it doesn't do this with any other file and I think this happened because i...