Windows 10: Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock

Discus and support Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a keyboard that doesn't have the scroll lock key and I want to prank my friends with the Ctrl+Scroll BSOD registry tweak. I also don't want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EvanRaby, Dec 9, 2019.

1. EvanRaby Win User

Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock

I have a keyboard that doesn't have the scroll lock key and I want to prank my friends with the Ctrl+Scroll BSOD registry tweak. I also don't want to modify their registry. Is there a way to force a crash like that without the registry key or scroll lock?

:)

EvanRaby, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Ali_N Win User

BSOD with no Ctrl ScrollLock

I know that you can force a BSOD by editing your registry files, restarting, and pressing Ctrl + Scroll Lock, but what if I have a surface pro and my computer doesn't have a scroll lock button. I need to force it to test something. Thank you very much
    in advance.

Ali_N, Dec 9, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock

1. Force crash with Ctrl+ScrollLock - Similar Threads - Force crash Ctrl+ScrollLock

2. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced updates after crash: Hi, I paused updates until a specified date in a couple of weeks time. Windows 10 crashed, and when I restarted, it's now forcing me to sit through the painstakingly slow process of installing an update I specifically asked it not to install yet. Is there any way you can opt...
  3. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced updates after crash: Hi, I paused updates until a specified date in a couple of weeks time. Windows 10 crashed, and when I restarted, it's now forcing me to sit through the painstakingly slow process of installing an update I specifically asked it not to install yet. Is there any way you can opt...
  4. Forced updates after crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Driver forced my game to crash !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver forced my game to crash !: Hello ! All my game that I played in my PC crashing 6 or more times in one day ! and when I checked the dump the error was : { Driver or module in which error occurred: ntdll.dll ntdll+0x9EE84 } I tried to write in cmd this in command prompt: regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll then I...
  6. Driver forced my game to crash !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver forced my game to crash !: Hello ! All my game that I played in my PC crashing 6 or more times in one day ! and when I checked the dump the error was : { Driver or module in which error occurred: ntdll.dll ntdll+0x9EE84 } I tried to write in cmd this in command prompt: regsvr32.exe /u ntdll.dll then I...
  7. Why am I forced to use shortcuts ctrl+z or ctrl+s for example twice in programs now?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why am I forced to use shortcuts ctrl+z or ctrl+s for example twice in programs now?: This has been happening since late July, and continued to happen after a complete wipe and fresh install of windows, and continues to happen despite having replaced everything except my graphics card in my last upgrade. However, I have the same keyboard, mouse, etc -- though...
  8. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  9. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  10. CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD crashes if i use Ctrl or Shift.: CMD works fine if i only use lowercase letters. If i try to use uppercase letters using Shift or CapsLK, CMD does not respond and just crashes(PC does not crash). Due to this problems, i tried using other buttons while typing in CMD and usage of Ctrl,Alt,Tab also crashes CMD....