Windows 10: Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

Discus and support Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA. The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cds333skype, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

I am using two outputs from the motherboard's onboard graphics, the HDMI and the VGA.

The VGA is powering a single monitor on the rack and the HDMI is going to a 4-way splitter that powers 3 additional displays.

Somehow the setting changes itself from "duplicate" to "extend", resulting in the HDMI displays showing an empty screen. I suspect this happens when someone randomly turned off all the HDMI screens.

How do I force the setting to stay, even if all the monitors are off or even disconnected. I want there to be no possible way that it accidentally gets switched.

Thanks!

:)

cds333skype, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent.

1. Force "duplicate these displays" setting to be persistent. - Similar Threads - Force duplicate displays

2. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  3. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  4. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  5. IPv6 settings not persistent

IPv6 settings not persistent: Problem : After hybernate or sleep my laptop loses its WiFi IPv6 global address. Only Link Local address is still there, hence IPv6 interface seems to function. Workaround: I follow the EasyFix option "Prefer IPv6 over IPv4 in prefix policies"as pointed out...
  6. Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10. Duplicate display, Different scale settings?: I currently love the duplicate screen option for windows 10. I have a monitor, and a 1080p 55" screen above that that I use from my bed with a wireless keyboard and trackpad. The 100% text and app scaling looks great on my monitor, but too small on the tv. Is there any way I...
  7. Display settings always change when i duplicate displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display settings always change when i duplicate displays: This problem started occuring since i updated to 1809 version. I always used duplicate displays when watching movies on TV but since this update, when I duplicate tv is on 29hz so everthing on my monitor goes in 29hz also. I looked in advanced display settings and monitor...
  8. Display Arrangement Persistence

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Arrangement Persistence: Where is the arrangement, scale, and layout of multi-display configurations persisted and what (Windows, device driver, etc.) is responsible for saving and restoring it? I have a Dell Precision 5510 laptop that has Intel HD Graphics P630 and NVIDIA Quadro M1200 graphics...
  9. Duplicate Display Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate Display Issues: Hello, Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display. I have been able to do this in the past, so thinking it might of been a Windows 10 update? Any help would be much appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 - Force Cellular settings to display

Windows 10 - Force Cellular settings to display: I have a telstra dongle but the drivers still haven't been released for windows 10, I found a hotfix (see here: Telstra USB and Windows 10 Incompatibility - Telstra Crowdsupport - 485835) but because the computer doesn't have a wifi card or cellular card it isn't displaying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force windoss display persistence