Windows 10: Force enable readyboot on windows 10

Discus and support Force enable readyboot on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wana ask could I force enable readyboot on a fast windows 10 computer. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mikeymcmullan, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Force enable readyboot on windows 10

I wana ask could I force enable readyboot on a fast windows 10 computer. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just wanna force enable readyboost. Please tell me how to do this Thank You.

:)

mikeymcmullan, Jan 17, 2021

2. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

Hi.

My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected. But several days have past and I've restarted my computer a few times, and I still don't get a complete ReadyBoot folder.

I dug up this thread and followed the notes there.

• I executed "sfc /scannow" in Command Prompt, which found no integrity violations.
    • I opened Performance Monitor and found that ReadyBoot (located under "Data Collector Sets" -> "Startup Event Trace Sessions") was disabled, so I enabled it and restarted. The ReadyBoot folder was recreated, but it's sitting empty. Furthermore, I see that ReadyBoot has disabled itself in the Performance Monitor again.
    Also, whenever I open the Prefetch folder, I get a warning message stating that I don't currently have permissions to access this folder. I need to press "Continue" to be able to open the folder and view the contents. I notice that no other folder in C:\Windows\ gives me this warning. So perhaps the permissions on the Prefetch folder aren't set correctly.

The Superfetch service is running and set to automatically start.

Can anyone help me get ReadyBoot running again? Does anyone know what all the proper permissions on the Prefetch (and ReadyBoot) folders are supposed to be? Is it normal for ReadyBoot to be disabled in Performance Monitor?

Thank you.

Greasy Gorilla, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Force enable readyboot on windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Force enable readyboot on windows 10

1. Force enable readyboot on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Force enable readyboot

2. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  3. Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing?: Why is the readyboot tab in properties missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-readyboot-tab-in-properties-missing/08ebbec5-517c-4b78-b7a2-f3b48bdc9fab
  4. Force enable ReadyBoost in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Force enable ReadyBoost in Windows 11: I am using a program that requires large amounts of RAM to perform some complex simulations. My computer has 64GB of RAM and I'm unable to finish a significant number of my simulations, because this amount is not enough.Unfortunately my motherboard is a mini ITX and I cannot...
  5. Force enable ReadyBoost in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force enable ReadyBoost in Windows 11: I am using a program that requires large amounts of RAM to perform some complex simulations. My computer has 64GB of RAM and I'm unable to finish a significant number of my simulations, because this amount is not enough.Unfortunately my motherboard is a mini ITX and I cannot...
  6. Force enabling ReadyBoost on fast computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force enabling ReadyBoost on fast computer: Hello. I wanna ask how could I force enable Readyboost using regedit. I don't wanna know why I shouldn't because I know what I'm doing, I just wanna force enable readyboost. Please tell me how to do this Thank You....
  7. Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 forced update on me, now can't enable wifi: I hate that Windows no longer allows me to control when updates get applied. It literally interrupted me in the middle of a game to notify me that I had to apply some updates. I hadn't used my desktop in a few months so apparently my machine was overdue. After my computer...
  8. ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate

in Windows 10 Support
    ReadyBoot Folder Won't Regenerate: Hi. My Prefetch folder (C:\Windows\Prefetch) was deleted, so I manually recreated it. Now, many .pf files have been regenerated, which is expected. But several days have past and I've restarted my computer a few times, and I still don't get a complete ReadyBoot folder. I...
  9. Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

in Windows 10 Support
    Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188: Hey, i registered here cause any time i've had an issue and googled it the solution has usually lead me here. *Wink I had 4 random shutdowns in the space of 2 hours today. I'm using my system as a DAW and the shutdown occurred while i had a project loaded, there is high...
  10. Readyboot not repopulating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Readyboot not repopulating: So basically ...I ran windows performance tool because of slow boot issues, since I ran this tool there has been no repopulation in the readyboot folder. Ive checked to make sure the trace is enabled in performance monitor ...all is fine. I noticed that there isn't no...