Windows 10: Force entering username and password through default domain policy

Discus and support Force entering username and password through default domain policy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. i used to be able to do this with older versions of Windows Server. Is there a way to do it with Server 2019? All computers are Windows 10 1909... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Chris Timmons ctimmons, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Force entering username and password through default domain policy

Hello. i used to be able to do this with older versions of Windows Server. Is there a way to do it with Server 2019? All computers are Windows 10 1909 are higher. Thanks!

:)

Chris Timmons ctimmons, Jul 27, 2020

2. domain\username

I signed up for Phone Insider.

When I try "Find a program" it asks for domain\username and password.

What is my domain\username and password?

usagiCB1957, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Unable to get computer to join domain through WDS

FYI:

I found a work around for this by using a script under C:\Windows\Setup\Scripts\SetupComplete.cmd file.

When windows is done setting up, it will look through the scripts folder to find a SetupComplete.cmd file, if it finds one, it will execute the file.

SetupComplete.cmd calls the joindomain.ps1 powershell script:

powershell.exe -nologo -executionpolicy bypass -noprofile -file "C:\Windows\Setup\Scripts\jd.ps1"

By default, powershell does not allow running custom PS scripts, which is why we need to bypass it.

Joindomain.ps1 joins a computer to the domain:

$domain = "test.com"
    $password = "Mypass" | ConvertTo-SecureString -asPlainText -Force
    $username = "$domain\administrator"
    $credential = New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential($username,$password)
    $ouPath="OU=workstations,DC=test,DC=com"
    add-computer -Credential $credential -DomainName $domain -OUPath $ouPath -restart -force
    powershell -noprofile -command "&{ start-process powershell -ArgumentList '-noprofile -file C:\Windows\Setup\Scripts\joindomain.ps1' -verb RunAs}"

manofskill, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Force entering username and password through default domain policy

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Force entering username and password through default domain policy

1. Force entering username and password through default domain policy - Similar Threads - Force entering username

2. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  3. "To continue, enter an admin username and password",

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password",: Hi, i have a problem with my pc. basicaly when i try to open a file with administrator privilages this shows up:"To continue, enter an admin username and password", and it does not have YES button or anything to insert administator username and password this is my own...
  4. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations: We are trying to apply some changes to the password policies for the domain users.We have verify everything from scope, delegation, inheritance block and still can't seem to find the issue. Which is that whenever the user tries changing the password using CTL+ALT+DELETE it...
  5. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations: We are trying to apply some changes to the password policies for the domain users.We have verify everything from scope, delegation, inheritance block and still can't seem to find the issue. Which is that whenever the user tries changing the password using CTL+ALT+DELETE it...
  6. Password Policies in Domain not Applying to Workstations

7. Cannot enter admin username & password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  8. Cannot enter admin username & password

Cannot enter admin username & password: Dell Inspiron 13 5310 user here, I'm trying to uninstall a program and I keep getting this:It wouldn't let me take a screenshot, so I took one with my phone. This is not unique to the specific program I'm trying to uninstall, this happens any time I try to do something that...
  9. "Don't Display Username" in Domain Policy?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Don't Display Username" in Domain Policy?: I am tempted to enable "Don't Display Username" in Domain Policy, but want to be sure that it will still be applied on my laptop when it cannot connect to the domain server. Will the domain policy be cached locally, or am I better off implementing this locally (at least on...
  10. "To continue, enter an admin username and password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "To continue, enter an admin username and password": Recently this will pop up with a grayed out "yes" option on my computer when I do almost anything. I've had this computer for 5+ years and suddenly I've lost Administrator permissions. How to fix? (When it first happened, it was fixed when i restarted my laptop. Now that...