Windows 10: Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC

Discus and support Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With other software shortcuts on my desktop when you right click them and then click properties there is a shortcut tab that allows you to select RUN:... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jcy110, Jan 6, 2018.

1. jcy110 Win User

Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC

With other software shortcuts on my desktop when you right click them and then click properties there is a shortcut tab that allows you to select RUN: MAXIMIZED. Why is this shortcut tab not on a shortcut created by right clicking the desktop, new, shortcut?

Is there any reg hack to make a shortcut to a webpage open maximized? All shortcuts open "normal" and have to be maximized manually to clicking the box between the - and X..........WHY?

:)

jcy110, Jan 6, 2018
  2. MTuran Win User

How to make Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 full screen ? ( if that's even possible )

Hello Everyone,

Recently I came to a need to make the Microsoft Edge ( one website ) full screen to view the content, but I could not figure out how to make the page full screen like we can in IE, FF, or Google Chrome. Is it even supported by Edge or am I just wasting my
    time here ?

PS: I know I can use FF, or Chrome, but I am curious if there is a way to make Edge fullscreen as well.

Thank you for everyone in advance.

M.W

MTuran, Jan 6, 2018
  3. I am so sick of having to maximise each web page I open in windows 10. It is totally ridiculous that a fix that works does not appear to be available.

Hi,

Your homepage link on your desktop is different to the website links on your desktop. If you right click on a desktop item and select the Properties menu from the context menu you will see that your homepage desktop item is a .lnk file which does have a
    setting to open the 'target' in full screen mode.

If you do the same for any other desktop item for a website, you will not see a setting to open the 'target' in full screen mode....

To open your desktop website links in an IE window that is as big as the screen, you need to close the last IE window maximized.... IE will remember the dimensions of the LAST window that was closed and use those dimensions when it opens a new IE window.

so .... close all IE windows... click on a link on your desktop (not your homepage link) and maximize it by either double-clicking the title bar or choosing the [] button on the top right hand side. Now close the IE Window to save its size settings.

Then click on the same desktop link again... This time it should open up with the same dimensions as were saved when the last IE window was closed...

Your homepage link on your desktop is a different type of 'link' (.lnk file == desktop link) and it will always open IE in full screen size, regardless of any previous settings).

Your other links on your desktop are a different type of 'link' (.url file==internet shortcut) and will use the size settings saved when the last IE window was closed.

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Jan 6, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

That setting is available. Right Click Shortcut > Properties > Shortcut Tab > Run v, choose maximised.
    Applies to IE, and Chrome.

I have had problems in the past with uninstallers deleting more than they should from Registry entries and consequently affecting right click menus.
    Tutorials for repairing Windows are on here.

Helmut, Jan 6, 2018
  5. jcy110 Win User
    Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC [​IMG]
    As you can see it is not there for internet website shortcuts............... I even went to the IE shortcut and it was there. I said to open maximized and it does nothing. There must be something in the registry that can be changed.....why does it open full screen all of the time when in IE. Firefox does it without any problem and did not have to be changed in any way.

jcy110, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Force IE,CHROME,FF website shortcuts placed on desktop to open FULL SC - Similar Threads - Force CHROME website

2. website as a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  3. Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop

Google Chrome - Shortcut will not open from desktop: First of all - Really stupid from microsoft forum/admins of forum is that: Locking the thread which never got solved. For me - I did not find solution for this problem via the topic which was already made out there, so I just copy pasted the tittle and made this new topic....
  4. Desktop website shortcuts

Desktop website shortcuts: I have recently reset chrome due to a pesky pop up that wouldn't go away but unfortunately i forgot that most of the website shortcuts i created to the desktop only open to the default google search page now and some won't recreate at all, after doing some searching i found...
  5. default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE

default browser set to FF but outlook 2016 desktop still opens .mht fille with IE: How can I force my Windows 10 pro version 1903 to use FF for all webbrowser actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser-set-to-ff-but-outlook-2016-desktop/6528c721-0c8f-4dcd-83bb-889e2786b3b4
  6. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Browsers and Email
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  7. Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower

in Windows 10 Support
    Create shortcut to open website in Edge when IE is default webbrower: Hello everybody, Because of a lot of legacy websites which only support Internet Explorer, IE is still the default browser on all of our machines. However, I need to add a shortcut on the deskop of a few users to a website which only supports Edge. So far, I've found two...
  8. Opera, then IE now FF

in Browsers and Email
    Opera, then IE now FF: Opera was doing some crazy things to my web viewing and wondered if it was clashing with some Win 10 upgrade, so I changed to IE and Facebook looked like it had the sunday morning shakes after a night in the pub. And web sites were temp locking them jumping back to life, so I...
  9. Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome shortcut pinned to taskbar: open "in place" or to the side?: I notice that Chrome icon pinned to taskbar has inconsistent behavior between my Windows 10 Pro installs. (My taskbar is configured for "Taskbar buttons: Never combine", but it makes no difference) 1. On one machine clicking on pinned Chrome icon expands that pinned icon...
  10. Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome: How to: Create Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Website in Google Chrome default web browser. This tutorial will show you how to create a desktop shortcut of a website from within Google Chrome in Windows 7, Windows 8,...