Windows 10: Force logoff when screen time for a child expires

Discus and support Force logoff when screen time for a child expires in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I set the screen time limit for my child using the https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/screen-time page. Unfortunately, when the time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paolone67, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Paolone67 Win User

Force logoff when screen time for a child expires

Hi,

I set the screen time limit for my child using the https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/screen-time page.

Unfortunately, when the time expires, my child is not forcibly logged out from the Windows 10 session. The audio and the videos keeps on going forever in the background of the window telling that the time is expired.

Is there any way to force logoff when the screen time expires?

Thank you.

:)

Paolone67, Apr 13, 2020
  2. Paolone67 Win User

Force logoff when screen time expires

Hi,

I set the screen time limit for my child using the
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/settings/screen-time
    page.

Unfortunately, when the time expires, my child is not forcibly logged out from the Windows 10 session. The audio and the videos keeps on going forever in the background of the window telling that the time is expired.

Is there any way to force logoff when the time expires?

Thank you.

Paolone67, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Paolone67 Win User
    Force logoff when screen time expires

Hi,

my son uses only 1 device. No need to coordinate screen time / logoff on multiple devices.

I need that, when screen time expires, windows user session is forcibly logged off. As said, today the session remains logged on with audio going on in the background and a window informing that the time has expired in foreground.

I think this is a pretty straightforward request: when time is over, is over. Full stop.

The Windows 10 version is 1703.

Regards.

Paolone67, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Force logoff when screen time for a child expires

Why can't you add time to child account while they are still playing?

Hi,

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

I suggest you try the steps provided below:

Just run Command Prompt as administrator, then use the "net" command:

• Open elevated command prompt (Right click on Start button and select Command Prompt Admin).

Set restrictions: net user Child /times: M-F,3pm-9pm;Sa-Su,9am-11am

Remove restrictions: net user Child /times:all

See current status: net user Child

The "net" command limits the logon hours, not limiting the usage time. Once user logged on during the allowed logon hours, Windows will not force the user to log off.

However, if a parent set a child account with time limit via Windows Parental Controls, the child will be forced to logoff after the time limit is up.

So, for the time being, there is no other way to set the time limit without Windows Parental Control. But, if you are bold, take a look at Windows Parental Controls API, and build your own app.

Setting logon hours using net command will only prevent users from logging in outside the allowed times, but will not lock their sessions or force log out when the logon hours expire.

To lock user session after logon hours expire, run the Local Group Policy Editor and set action to take when logon hours expire:

Press Win+R, then type
    gpedit.msc.

Under User Configuration ->
    Administrative Templates -> Windows Components ->
    Windows Logon Options, click on Set Action to take when logon hours expire.

Choose Enabled, then set the action to
    Lock or Logoff, depending on your needs.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Force logoff when screen time for a child expires

1. Force logoff when screen time for a child expires - Similar Threads - Force logoff screen

2. Screen Time Expired When Computer Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Time Expired When Computer Off: I have our children set up with Family Safety and the screen time is expired on my son's computer when he gets home from school when it has been off all day. He usually shuts his computer down at night. Comes home and then has to ask for approval for more time.He has...
  3. Screen Time Expired When Computer Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Time Expired When Computer Off: I have our children set up with Family Safety and the screen time is expired on my son's computer when he gets home from school when it has been off all day. He usually shuts his computer down at night. Comes home and then has to ask for approval for more time.He has...
  4. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  5. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  6. forcing a user to logoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forcing a user to logoff: Is there a way to force a user to log off at a specific time? My goal is to have my daughters account log her off at 9pm I thought there would be a local group policy, but there is not a setting for that. submitted by /u/bandion1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Errors with screen time when child account is administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Errors with screen time when child account is administrator: This seems to be a problem, and has been for years. My children, between growing up and our mentoring, learned what they can and can't install. So we have granted them administrator rights so we don't have to put in a password every time they want to install something....
  8. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...
  9. How do I force users to logoff (NOT LOCK SCREEN) after a set amount of time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I force users to logoff (NOT LOCK SCREEN) after a set amount of time?: Why is this not available in Windows 10 PRO? The user-switching/lock screen makes the apps hang and requires a restart to get everything to work again. I need the users to be automatically logged out of Windows after 15 minutes of inactivity. The sleep and lock screen cause...
  10. ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME

ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME: Hello, so yesterday I tried to log in into my computer and screen locked because of the screen time. So the thing is that I haven't set any Parent Control and I don't know what the hell is going on. If I send request it's not helping at all because I don't even know who am I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to force log off users once their screentime ends on Windows

2. net user expires mid-session