Windows 10: Force One Program To Run Behind Another

Discus and support Force One Program To Run Behind Another in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by captainfearless, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky.

I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run behind Kodi, so that all this stuff is hidden, the opposite to always on top, but can't find a solution. How can i achieve this?

:)

captainfearless, Oct 15, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Zeond1987 Win User
    Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Joe9090 Win User

Force One Program To Run Behind Another

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Force One Program To Run Behind Another

1. Force One Program To Run Behind Another - Similar Threads - Force Program Run

2. Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 RemoteApp program pop-up window is hidden in background behind another program: I am using a RemoteAPP program on my client. When I open a RemoteApp program the window popups behind other program windows. I am using windows 11. I was able to fix this issue on several windows 10 computers by going to RegEdit and changing the value for...
  3. Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not running properly after transferring from one account to another: A while ago, when I updated my computer, Windows decided that it couldn't log into my Microsoft account, and it instead logged me into a temporary account. I didn't find a fix for this problem, but as a workarround, I created a 2nd local account and moved everything in my old...
  4. Program crashes on one user but not another.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program crashes on one user but not another.: Hello. I am making this post in a desperate manor. I have a client here using Act! as a program. I sat on their support for 4 hours on 2 separate occasions with no solution to be found. Every time I try to launch and use program, it crashes on me. But, if I use a different...
  5. Windows 10 forcing program to run as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 forcing program to run as administrator: At my work we have a program which we created in Visual Studio that we have been running on our Windows 7 computers. When we installed it on our new machines the program defaults to running as administrator without the option to change it. I verified that our win7 computers...
  6. Force One Program To Run Behind Another

Force One Program To Run Behind Another: I currently have Cortana set up to operate Kodi which works great, but after each command i have to tell it to close the window, it displays an error message and often displays in fullscreen, all of which is very clunky. I'm looking for a way to force Cortana to always run...
  7. Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?

Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?: I have a program that has the elevated shield on its icon but when I run it, I get a window that says Setup should not initially be run elevated. Run setup with standard privileges; it will elevate if needed. I'm logged in as a user with Administrator rights. That's not...
  8. Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing a program to run with standard privileges?: I have a program that has the elevated shield on its icon but when I run it, I get a window that says Setup should not initially be run elevated. Run setup with standard privileges; it will elevate if needed. I'm logged in as a user with Administrator rights. That's not...
  9. PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PROBLEM in switching between multiple programs, WHEN ONE PROGRAM IS BEHIND OTHER PROGRAM.: I'm having an issue when trying to switch between programs in Windows 10. The problem is that I'll have multiple windows on a monitor and when switching between them, the window isn't always brought to the front and will stay behind the previously focused window. An example...
  10. is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another

is there a way to stop one program from being able to run when another: is open? thanks *Smile 74324