Windows 10: Force pc to forget device connected via USB

Discus and support Force pc to forget device connected via USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi is there anyway to make my pc forget usb device(ipad in this case) so the next time i connect it is as if it is the first time I’ve connected it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARSENALTASTIC, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Force pc to forget device connected via USB

Hi is there anyway to make my pc forget usb device(ipad in this case) so the next time i connect it is as if it is the first time I’ve connected it

:)

ARSENALTASTIC, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Dice Vil Win User

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Device not recognized by Windows 10

Hi Jan,

To isolate the issue, have you tried connecting other devices to your laptop?

If other USB devices connect without a problem, we may need to troubleshoot the USB itself. If not, we suggest that you uninstall the USB controller in Device Manager and check if it helps.

Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
    • Right-click the first driver in the list, click Uninstall, and then
      OK.
    • Repeat all the steps for all the drivers in the list.
    • Restart your PC.

Do update us with the outcome.

Patricia Yu, Mar 8, 2019
  4. rogro1958 Win User

Force pc to forget device connected via USB

No connection with PC suite: USB device not supported'

I got a new C2-02 and connected it to my PC with the USB cable which was in the package. But every time I connect the cable to my phone I got the mesagge 'USB device not supported. Unplug cable'

Therefor I cannot submit my phone to the list of devices in Nolia Suite.

I used different USB ports on my PC, but no luck.

What is the problem here?

rogro1958, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Force pc to forget device connected via USB

1. Force pc to forget device connected via USB - Similar Threads - Force forget device

2. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  3. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI: Hi y'all,So, my Dell Laptop seems to "forget" it is connected FOR SOUND to my TV, via HDMI. Oh, the visual side of HDMI is perfect, and the wireless keyboard and mouse operate the laptop via the TV perfectly...from the comfort of the sofa, but when I play any audio, it STILL...
  4. Laptop forgets it's connected FOR SOUND via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. my phone not connected to pc via usb cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my phone not connected to pc via usb cable: my phone not connected to pc via usb cable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-phone-not-connected-to-pc-via-usb-cable/739b060c-9bbc-4171-826b-f21629c6afdf
  6. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Connecting to a Device After Forgetting

Connecting to a Device After Forgetting: Hello! I am on windows 10 with my HP laptop and was trying to connect my Bluetooth speaker which I had done before to my laptop but it was not connecting. I had assumed that if I were to forget the device on my laptop, I could simply pair it again and my speaker would...
  9. Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port

Connecting other devices to laptop via usb port: I try to set up a monitor to my laptop and it doesn't seem to work. It says on " other devices " USB Composite Device has a driver error. What should I do to solve this problem ?...
  10. USB Connected device not found by PC

USB Connected device not found by PC: Hey, I recently bought a PS4 controller fro my PC. I tried first to play directly because it apparently should work. However it didn't work for me, so I tried downloading a third party service (DS4Windows) and realized when I had that downloaded and installed that it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forget usb device

2. force windows to forget iphone

3. forget usb device from desktop