Windows 10: Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available?

Discus and support Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have an old SP4 device attached to our family account showing up under family devices. The device is broken and long since disposed of, last check... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PJC42, May 6, 2020.

1. PJC42 Win User

Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available?

I have an old SP4 device attached to our family account showing up under family devices. The device is broken and long since disposed of, last check more than 12 months ago.

When I try to remove it by selecting the upper right hand ... menu, no option to remove the device appears. All the other devices, family and my own, have this menu item, the only device missing it is this lost machine.

How do I force removal?

thanks

:)

PJC42, May 6, 2020

2. Cannot Remove a device from Family Devices

My son's old computer which we no longer have still shows up in our list of family computers. I do not have the option to remove the device. Driving me crazy!! Any ideas?

GregoryFriedman, May 6, 2020
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 6, 2020
  4. Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available?

Remove myself from the Family safety

Hello Billy,

I understand that you are trying to remove yourself from the Family safety settings in Windows. We will help you.

Note: You cannot remove yourself from a family if you are the only adult and there are still child accounts still in the family.
    If you want to remove yourself, you'll need to add another adult first, or remove all the child accounts first.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows.

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available?

1. Force removal lost old device from family: no option to remove available? - Similar Threads - Force removal lost

2. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  3. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  4. how to remove devices from Microsoft Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove devices from Microsoft Family: i wont to remove device from Microsoft family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-devices-from-microsoft-family/29e9e0e2-0e97-476f-bf5b-1f3357b6e283
  5. how to remove devices from Microsoft Family

how to remove devices from Microsoft Family: i wont to remove device from Microsoft family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-devices-from-microsoft-family/29e9e0e2-0e97-476f-bf5b-1f3357b6e283
  6. Removing an old PC from Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing an old PC from Devices: I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-old-pc-from-devices/70ee83f7-5972-47c0-842c-86c306fd565f
  7. Removing an old PC from Devices

Removing an old PC from Devices: I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-old-pc-from-devices/70ee83f7-5972-47c0-842c-86c306fd565f
  8. Removing an old PC from Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Account removal from old device not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account removal from old device not working: I used to have a home device where I was signed in to my microsoft account. The old device is still in use but I have my own personal device where I am logged in to the same account. Now I want to remove the account from the home device. When I click on Manage my accounts in...
  10. Can't remove ghost devices from Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove ghost devices from Family: Can someone please help me remove ghost devices. I have a couple of devices that were under my kids' accounts. When I log into their individual Microsoft accounts and check the Devices page, I don't see the ghost device. But when I log in as me parent and go to the Family...