Windows 10: Force remove language removes more than one language

Discus and support Force remove language removes more than one language in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FreeDisplayName, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Force remove language removes more than one language

I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-3-keyboard-options-when-theres-only/bdb06645-af82-44b9-a40d-bfe0f098457bBut upon restart, both Lithuanian languages are gone, the only option left is English.Please help!I'm on Home Insider Preview; Evaluation copy. Build 25314.rs_prerelease.230303-1411

:)

FreeDisplayName, Jun 8, 2023

2. Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Can't remove a language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

Andre Da Costa, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Force remove language removes more than one language

Can't remove extra language in language bar

Get-WinUserLanguageList

Andre for Directly, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Force remove language removes more than one language

1. Force remove language removes more than one language - Similar Threads - Force remove language

2. Force remove language removes more than one language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Force remove language removes more than one language: I have three keyboard options as in my attached image.I want to have two - English and Lithuanian.I've followed steps in this thread:...
  3. unable to remove language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove language: Hi everyone! After removing the language packs, the UK and US English keyboards remain unchanged. how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-language/3935cf1e-f809-4d69-9994-23455cb58e2e
  4. Display language removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display language removal: Please don't tell me to go to settings, time and language and after that to language & region just to tell me to install some other language pack and then to just select that one. My problem starts with the fact that I have already done that, I have windows 11 installed in...
  5. Remove language features?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove language features?: Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout. [ATTACH] I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted...
  6. Remove a display language?

Remove a display language?: Hi! So I wanted to free up some disk space on my PC, and found out, there are some features of English UK language. I'm using the English US both as my display language, and the keyboard layout. [ATTACH] I'm 100% sure, that I don't need such additions. Anyway, when I wanted...
  7. Remove language

Remove language: Hi I have problem which is display language. whenever I type i got issue which two language for english US & UK. I tried to check with powershell (by typing this command: Get-WinUserLanguageList) its only show me two language Arabic and English. is there a way to...
  8. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: How can one remove a language keyboard? The MS instructions online are from 2016 and don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-language-keyboard/824f449a-3307-445b-a6b0-130890614f5f
  9. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...
  10. Language Removing

Language Removing: Hi, I had a problem with removing US keyboard from my windows 10. one of the solutions said " add another US keyboard like Canada the remove United state keyboard then remove Canada" I did it and it works with me till I restart my Computer, now I have 3 English keyboards "...