Windows 10: Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

Discus and support Force Resolution and Refresh Rate in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate? 97581 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rxd, Nov 8, 2017.

1. RXD
    rxd Win User

Force Resolution and Refresh Rate

Is there a way to force Windows 10 to only use a certain screen resolution and refresh rate?

:)

2. frame rate problems since update for windows 10

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information in order to provide you better solution.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Do you get any error code or error message?

• Are you referring to refresh rate?

If you are referring to refresh rate, I would like to inform you that a refresh rate of at least 75 hertz generally produces less flicker.

You might need to change your screen resolution before changing the refresh rate because not every screen resolution is compatible with every refresh rate. The higher the resolution, the higher your refresh rate should be.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Screen Display problem using HDMI connection to HD monitor

Sounds like a resolution /refresh rate issue. Try changing resolutions to see what happens.

Shenan Stanley, Nov 8, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

What monitor do you have, and what do you want to force on it ?

AddRAM, Nov 8, 2017
  5. RXD
    rxd Win User
    I have an 800x600 60hz arcade monitor for my Mame cabinet. Mame works fine but other emulators mess up the screen when in full screen mode. This wasn’t an issue until I updated my pc from Windows 7 to Windows 10

6. It would help if you could provide us basic system specs like CPU and Display Adapter.

But one thing most likely messing up your emulators is a Windows 10 feature called scaling. You should put it to 100%. If that setting is something else, any app not supporting this will become a mess.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Force Resolution and Refresh Rate - Similar Threads - Force Resolution Refresh

2. screen refresh rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen refresh rate: Hello i just got my lap top two days ago and i have the following problem : every time i plug and unplug the charger the screen blink black for a couple seconds i went to power options > change plan settings > change advanced power settings > then i changed the intel...
  3. Different refresh rates for monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different refresh rates for monitors: https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/ Has this even been fixed yet? Needs to be fixed especially for G-sync users "It's because of windows desktop manager. It always runs in vsync. On windows 7 you could...
  4. monitor refresh rate

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    monitor refresh rate: on windows 10, i am having trouble finding the monitor's refresh rate. i get an error message that says it should be 60Hz. 113436
  5. Set/force refresh rate before external display device is connected?

Set/force refresh rate before external display device is connected?: I have a 5th gen carbon X1 (Intel HD Graphics 620) driving a BenQ PD2710QC through USB-C. I'm trying to connect an HD projector through the HDMI port. Most often, when I connect the projector, the display flickers on and off several times and I'm not able to get it to...
  6. Resolution & Refresh rate

Resolution & Refresh rate: Some time ago I purchased a MINIX Z83-4 mini computer which comes with Win 10 64bit preloaded, The reason I got this was that when viewing films via Kodi on an Android box the quality of the picture was never that good. I'm not talking about the colour or clarity, I'm...
  7. Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates

Generic PnP Monitor causing low resolution and refresh rates: Hi, This problem is driving me absolutely crazy. I have a gift PC with a totally fresh Windows 10 install. I junked my old computer and plugged the new PC into my old monitor. And that's when the problems started. Now, before you jump down my throat, I have a NVIDIA...
  8. Script to change display refresh rate

Script to change display refresh rate: Hi there, I'd like to know if someone knows a script or tool that I can use to automatically change the refresh rate in windows display settings to 75Hz when a specific program launches and then when that program closes it reverts to 60Hz Kind regards 105694
  9. How to set default refresh rate

How to set default refresh rate: I switch between 1920x1080 to 3840x2160 and viceversa quite frequently. However, when I do this, Windows sets the refresh rate to 30hz, instead of 60. I need to manually set it to 60 each time I change resolution. Is there a way to set a default refresh rate so that...
  10. Changing (reducing) a monitor's refresh rate?

Changing (reducing) a monitor's refresh rate?: Is it safe to change a monitor's default refresh rate - in other words force it to run at a slower refresh rate. Mine has a default of 59Hz and I want to run it at 30Hz. It appears that I can do this in the nVidia driver software but I do not want to risk damage to the...