Windows 10: Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

Discus and support Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I lately discovered that Japanese game makers adopted an amazing trend in their games that is sometimes referred to as Resolution Scaling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

So I lately discovered that Japanese game makers adopted an amazing trend in their games that is sometimes referred to as Resolution Scaling and sometimes as Under Scaling , the trend copies from Anti-aliasing but inversely , so instead of rendering at double+ res then resizing to normal to smooth edges of rendered objects they rather render at half size then stretch to normal size adding a blur effect , this trend manages to boost frame rates significantly and yet give some reality touch to their games .

Now I wonder if that thing can be forcefully / virtually achieved on other games using a trick or a tool , I am not sure if it is a directx / opengl native feature or a patented one of course but is worth considering by all developers .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 14, 2019

2. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding DPI scaling.

Please be informed that you cannot force a DPI scaling on a particular app, right now there is no option to do that. If you have set a custom scaling level to 250% and if the app doesn’t support, to run the app, you have to disable
    dpi scaling for that particular app.

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” and then click OK.

3. Now check if you can use the application.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Mørket Win User
    Screen resolution scaling

Hi.

As both Windows and Linux user, I've been using screen scaling on Linux to be able to force (emulate?) a 1920x1080 resolution on my 1366x768 screen with the following command:

xrandr --output LVDS --panning 1920x1080 --scale 1.406x1.406

The 1080p output, as it seems, is done via GPU - as I don't see any impact performance on my computer. I can confirm that I have a 1080p resolution because even the screenshots are 1920x1080.

So, is there any way to do the same thing, but on Windows? By the way, my screen's max resolution is 1366x768. I don't want to scale just some elements (text, icons) to make it look like a 1080p resolution. I want a 'real' 1080p
    resolution.

Cheers.

Mørket, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

The native DPI scaling is already properly set. (Change the size of text, apps, and other items is already properly set to 250%.). Some applications, however, disobey this DPI setting. An application (ChemDraw) that I am using is "nominally" claiming to
    be HighDPIAware, when, in fact, the icons are not designed to behave well in high DPI screens (somewhat dishonestly). Is there a way to "force" DPI scaling of an application without changing the resolution of the screen?

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ?

1. Force (Resolution Scaling / Under Scaling) on games / apps possible ? - Similar Threads - Force Resolution Scaling

2. Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps large on screen, not related to scaling or resolution: Suddenly everything on my screen is HUGE! Icons, Apps, Fonts...Screen Resolution is "Recommended", 1920X1080. Scale is 100%. This is not related to the monitor, other computers plugged to the same monitor show fine. This effects all programs. I checked for driver updates....
  3. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  4. resolution scaling problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resolution scaling problem: My display resolution is overscaling . How to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-scaling-problem/f9f1f034-e65c-4c06-9f21-35386efc1f1e
  5. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  6. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with resolution and scaling: I am using a Lenovo laptop with 3840x2160 resolution while also connected to a monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. I have both monitors set to 1920x1080 with 100% scaling, and I'm getting all kinds of resolution issues. I have already tried messing with the scaling, and that...
  7. Issues with resolution and scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Scale under 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scale under 100%: I just got myself a second screen, but everything is too large on it, even tho its only on 100% is there any way to make things smaller, not needed to be with scaling, i need it just to be smaller submitted by /u/Marto_xD [link] [comments]...
  9. Monitor Scaling and resolution

Monitor Scaling and resolution: I have a 2 monitor setup on windows 10. I have a 23.8 inch 1440p monitor, and a 31 inch 1080p television as my second monitor. In the windows display settings menu it assumes the 1080p tv is smaller than the 1440p monitor despite it being the opposite. Is there a way to input...
  10. Screen Resolution and scaling

Screen Resolution and scaling: So i have my computer hooked up to my T.V./monitor and it doesnt seem to matter what i set my scaling or resolution to i just cant get it to fit on screen right does anyone have any insight on how to maybe fix this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resolution force app