Windows 10: Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems

Discus and support Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So one time, while I was playing a match of League of Legends. I had accidentally pressed the shut down button. If you had open programs, Windows would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AwesomeNoob, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems

So one time, while I was playing a match of League of Legends. I had accidentally pressed the shut down button. If you had open programs, Windows would try and close them. You have 2 options, which is to force shut down or cancel (I guess the shut down). Because I didn't want to get reported, so I clicked the cancel button. The screen blacked out and the blue screen with the sad face appeared. It said that there were problems and they were gathering information. After around 2 minutes, the ASUS (I use a monitor and computer) loading screen appeared. When I turned it on again, I opened up Chrome. What happened was that after 20 seconds or when you interacted with it, it simply closed itself. I thought there was just a problem with Chrome, but I reinstalled it and Chrome still kept closing itself. I also had another app that still closed itself. The next day, which is today, my computer started running slower. I had played Paladins after and it was definitely slower. I lowered the resolution to its lowest point but it was still lagging terribly. Normally, it would work fine at 80-ish. This isn't the only other problem. Happening about every minute, even now, my screen freezes, which makes me lose my control on my mouse and then 5 seconds later my mouse would have moved to the spot I moved when the screen had froze. This could be my monitor's problem, as the sound still registers as normal. Is there a way I can fix this?

:)

AwesomeNoob, Jul 31, 2019

2. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 31, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jul 31, 2019
  4. dmccoy Win User

Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems

Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems

1. Force Shut Down Might Have Caused Problems - Similar Threads - Force Shut Down

2. Update on windows, force shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update on windows, force shut down.: I just recently bought my lap top hp spectre x360 16, however I don’t have my own WiFi so I was using a family members WiFi. I was in the process of the windows update but I had to stop it because I had to leave so I pushed the option to pause it till next week. Once I pushed...
  3. Update on windows, force shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update on windows, force shut down.: I just recently bought my lap top hp spectre x360 16 and I was in the process of the windows update but I had to stop it so I pushed the option to pause it till next week. Once I pushed it, it just kept loading with the loading logo while the update page showed nothing. I...
  4. I have problem with shutting down then laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problem with shutting down then laptop: Hey I have problem with laptop which is windows 11 and it whenever I shut down the computer it always turn back on without click power button i tired shut it down with power button for 5 sec it always back on without me turning it on and it sometimes when it's turning on it's...
  5. I have problem with shutting down then laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem with shutting down then laptop: Hey I have problem with laptop which is windows 11 and it whenever I shut down the computer it always turn back on without click power button i tired shut it down with power button for 5 sec it always back on without me turning it on and it sometimes when it's turning on it's...
  6. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  7. Shut Down Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  8. Some problems after Laptop hang and force shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some problems after Laptop hang and force shut down: Hi, im facing some problems with my 2 years old laptop after a force shut down because it hang: 1. task manager wont open instantly crashed when open it 2. google lost all my accounts information, whenever i startup, i need to log in every account Facebook, Youtube,...
  9. Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down

Windows 10 Freezes and have to manually force Shut down: This is happening atlease once in an hour. There is a random freeze and nothing can be done after that. This is the error i am getting on systems log before freeze Error 2/20/2020 12:24:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None Error 2/20/2020 12:22:17 AM DistributedCOM 10010 None...
  10. PC frequest forced shut downs

PC frequest forced shut downs: "Your PC ran into a problem" error message and shuts down my computer. Happens about once and hour. Please help 55262

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with force shut down