Windows 10: Force shutdown

Discus and support Force shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ch_3, Mar 8, 2020.

1. /u/Ch_3 Win User

Force shutdown

Hello

Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now.

But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it.

I need to wait for the battery to be depleted.

The usual 3 sec on power button seems to be doing something (screen flickering) but the software is resisting my input. I can take the screen out (Surface) and in but that's it.

Can you please indicate me how to forcefully shutdown Windows whenever I actually want to? It's buggy without the forced shutdown anyways, I would like at least not to spend hours each time the software bugs. (and it does at least once every week)

Many thanks !

submitted by /u/Ch_3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ch_3, Mar 8, 2020
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    How to force close all apps on restart or shutdown ?

Create a shortcut on the desktop that has this in it:

shutdown /f /r /t 0

/f = Force running applications to close without forewarning users.
    /r = Full shutdown and restart the computer.
    /t 0 = Set the time-out period before shutdown to 0 seconds (immediate restart).

Enter shutdown /? from a Command Prompt for the full list of options.

I think you're better off to wait a bit and let the programs and services close on their own, If they don't after 30 seconds or so then force them closed.

Ztruker, Mar 8, 2020
  4. Force shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

Force shutdown

1. Force shutdown - Similar Threads - Force shutdown

2. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  3. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key forces computer shutdown: Basically, every time i press the Windows key, my computer just immediately shuts off.The problem started today, how can i fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-forces-computer-shutdown/e8f2d435-0223-4fca-b638-8f19f4bb1853
  4. Windows key forces computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  6. Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2

Apps stopped working after force shutdown. Win11 23H2: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  7. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  8. Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.

Some apps stopped working after force shutdown.: Hello, After recent update my laptop is taking too long to shutdown. sometimes it will not shutdown properly when i boot it up again it shows 1day+ uptime or just fails to shutdown completely and returns to login screen again after1hr of showing "shutting down" screen. This...
  9. policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...

policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...: How to make a policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after 4 hours of not working or non-activates on the PC?...
  10. policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after...: How to make a policy on-premises active directory to force shutdown to all computers in domain after 4 hours of not working or non-activates on the PC?...