Windows 10: Force User Preparation on User Logon

Discus and support Force User Preparation on User Logon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chekmayte, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Chekmayte Win User

Force User Preparation on User Logon

Does anyone know how to force Windows 10 to perform its user preparation steps after a user already has a profile. I'm attempting to migrate a profile from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but the Start menu isn't working. I suspect this is because the OS never performs its preparations. Any ideas?

:)

Chekmayte, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Vlasto77 Win User

"User must change password at next logon" does not work

Hi,

I want to force Windows 10 Pro user to change his password at next logon. I wanted to do it using Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users. I clicked on user and opened Properties dialog, then I click on 'User must change password at next logon'
    and OK. I tried it several times, but without success. User can still login with his old password and he is not asked to change password at logon. How can I force user to change his password at next logon?

Mentioned user account is linked with Microsoft account. Could this be reason why it does not work? If yes, is there a way how to to do it for Microsoft account?

Thanks,

Vlasto

Vlasto77, Jan 4, 2016
  3. LazyOne Win User
    How to setup parental controls in Windows 10 local account?

In stead of a script it turns out there is a Local security policy to force log off out side a users login hours as well

Network security: Force logoff when logon hours expire

LazyOne, Jan 4, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Hi Chekmayte, welcome to Ten Forums. The start menu not working is a known bug that sometimes occurs. You could try using the system file checker command (SFC) to check system file integrity. This is from the tutorial forum. SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . See if that gets your start menu working.

JohnC, Jan 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Force User Preparation on User Logon - Similar Threads - Force User Preparation

2. Other User on logon screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other User on logon screen: Hi, the laptop given to me by my school suddenly started saying other user on logon, I am not the administrator is there anyway to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-user-on-logon-screen/dbadf391-f7b2-44a2-aef4-dd4257875d3a
  3. forcing a user to logoff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    forcing a user to logoff: Is there a way to force a user to log off at a specific time? My goal is to have my daughters account log her off at 9pm I thought there would be a local group policy, but there is not a setting for that. submitted by /u/bandion1 [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows 10 Default User logon

Windows 10 Default User logon: We have a domain network with Windows 10 PC's and perform remote admin tasks either out of hours or when the user is not present. When I do this I sign in to the PC as a domain admin perform the work and power down. When the PC is then booted by the user the login promtp...
  5. How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?

How to show user logon screen with switch user by default?: Hello, I've added another user to my pc but I want my user to be on by default and show this screen anytime a logon is required (with the Switch User button): (not my picture) [ATTACH] Thanks, Harry...
  6. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  7. Other user logon issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Other user logon issue: I recently received a re-imaged computer upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, when I use my docking station, and begin a logon with my user name and password, it stays on the "other user" profile for at least 5 minutes before getting to my personal profile, then takes...
  8. Preparing PC for a new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Preparing PC for a new user: I have a desktop with Win 10 that I am going to give to my daughter (in a different city). How can I delete my account log on info and set it up for her (I'll create a local log on). I see tutorials on changing or adding users, but not sure about deleting my administrator...
  9. User Not granted Permission Logon Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Not granted Permission Logon Error: I have 3 PC's and one netbook all running Windows 10 Home. All PC's were upgraded from Windows 8.1 and the Netbook was upgraded from Windows 7. Before the Win 10 upgrades, all computers could see each other and share files within the network here at home. None require...
  10. Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon Screen shows 2 users but there is only 1 user: On a friends laptop which was given to him, on the startup/logon screen he sees 2 names. His own and the previous owner. He said he deleted the user account for the previous owner and if I go to users, it only shows him as the sole user as administrator. If I use the...