Windows 10: Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...

Discus and support Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; why would someone bundle a language with a keyboard layout? when i delete the english keyboard layout it comes around again ... as soon as i deleted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ScyllaHide, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...

why would someone bundle a language with a keyboard layout? when i delete the english keyboard layout it comes around again ... as soon as i deleted it .. how is that so?

this drives me crazy, bcs, i turned even shortcuts of to change layout fk this ...

submitted by /u/ScyllaHide
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ScyllaHide, Nov 12, 2019
  2. outlw Win User

Windows 10 Mobile QWERTZ Keyboard Layout (German) with English Proofing

Hello Community!

I am having a bit of an issue with the Keyboard settings in Windows 10 Mobile and am hoping that there is simply an easy setting I am overlooking somewhere.

As a professional using Windows Mobile in Germany, I am required to work professionally in English, while still using German for my private communications.

The issue I am having is this; with English set as the display and proofing language, selecting the QWERTZ (German) keyboard layout automatically changes the proofing language back to German.

I am able to use the QWERTY (English) keyboard layout (all other settings being the same) with English proofing, but this absolutely destroys my typing productivity.

So my question is this, how can I keep the English Display and Proofing settings while having a QWERTZ keyboard layout?

I am sure the setting is somewhere, but I am completely lost trying to find it!

Thanks in advance!

outlw, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Keyboard layout

Hello,
    I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE).
    Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language bar appears again), even if the US layout it is not listed in the language options (???)
    At this time I have to add manually the US layout, then remove it, now the language bar disappears again.

Any idea about? Can I prevent the US layout from bein installed?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Nov 12, 2019
  4. MMO
    mmo Win User

Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...

How to force keyboard layout other than the system language as default

I am operating my systems in English (i.e. the display language is set to US English) but unfortunately I am forced to use Swiss German keyboards (US keyboards are not available in Switzerland - at least not for these systems) ||-(
    Since the System language is English the system always switches to the US keyboard layout after reboot or after waking up and I thus always first need to manually adjust the keyboard manually.

Is there any system setting or registry entry or some tool that I could use to permanently force the keyboard layout to be one that is different from the system´s default language? Defining Swiss German as the default keyboard also switches the system´s display language, so that´s NOT what I want...

Thema:

Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...

1. Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using... - Similar Threads - Force keep german

2. German keyboard need English symbols help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    German keyboard need English symbols help: Hi, hope someone can help. I have bought a German HP Pro Book x360 11 G3 EE Windows 11 I think laptop thinking what a great deal... that lasted 10 minutes.... so, I have managed to change everything to English, however the laptop's physical keyboard is in German. Now, I have...
  3. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  4. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  5. Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Input and Display Langue to English USA, but have a German keyboard layout: I currently have 4 options for my languagesEnglish US - US KeyboardEnglish UK - German KeyboardEnglish UK - UK KeyboardGerman - German KeyboardI have a German laptop, so having the German keyboard layout is essential, so that I can actually see what I am going to type. I...
  6. Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.

Keep system language as English but don't have english as a keyboard layout.: I have 3 layouts that I NEED: Czech, Russian, and French. I can type all the English I need via either Czech or French keyboards, I don't need an extra English one in all this mess. But I want my system in English, not French or Czech. Is it Possible?...
  7. English/German Keyboard-language issue

English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...
  8. English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing

English United States keyboard layout keeps appearing: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  9. Use ONE keyboard layout

Use ONE keyboard layout: I live in Hungary, so my physical keyboard has Hungarian layout (QWERTZ), but windows sometimes adds other EN/US or EN/UK layouts which are very confusing and frustrating for me. I always have to switch it back by adding then deleting the other layouts. Also I use US English...
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...