Windows 10: Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Discus and support Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ryan Adi Satria, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Dear Microsoft Team,

Is it possible to run Xbox Game Bar or other Windows 10 Universal app on NVIDIA GPU rather than on integrated Intel GPU? On the graphics setting, I only found Intel HD Graphics 3000 and I couldn't find my NVIDIA GPU See attached image bellow.

My main goal is to use the screen/game recording feature which is unable due to GPU/hardware requirement. It says "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips. For more info, go to Xbox Game Bar settings." Is there any other way?

Kind regards,

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop 6e7ba77b-d55a-472d-b00e-2ee68972d98d?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ryan Adi Satria, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Zeond1987 Win User

Is there a way to force a program to use a secondary GPU?

I have 2 GPU's (Nvidia GTX 970 and 1080) and I want to force a program to use the 1080 for certain programs/games. Going to Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings should give me the option to switch GPU's. Unfortunately it does not list both of my GPU's
    nor does it allow me to change to another one, only the default GPU is chosen (the 970). This is a desktop computer and I have tried the Nvidia control panel and UEFI settings without much luck. If I tried selecting a program to run on my 1080 (through the
    Nvidia control panel), it would still run it on the 970. I have tried switching the GPU's around with not much luck there either. If I can suggest to Microsoft the option in the Graphics Settings to list both GPU's for selection, that would be great. Otherwise
    I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Zeond1987, Apr 22, 2020
  3. SilasCuel Win User
    Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

Hello everyone,

So I was playing some games on my Laptop, and when I opened the game bar it showed the CPU and RAM usage perfectly fine, only the GPU usage was not displayed. When I used the Msi Afterburner overlay the GPU was displayed, so the problem has to be with the
    gamebar itself and not the graphics card. Does anyone have the same issue? How can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop :)

P.S.: I'm using the AMD Radeon HD 6650m

SilasCuel, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

Games and applications are using iGPU instead of Dedicated GPU

Helloo, I have been facing this issue from 2 weeks now, I usually run games and editing software with Dedicated GPU (Nvidia)

Brand-> Laptop - HP

Model-> cx0140tx

But now even if I force an application to use this gpu it works on Integrated GPU (Intel® UHD Graphics 630). I dont know if GPU is giving output on low power, but PhysX Indicator never shows on apps if its turned on, tried reinstalling graphics driver, updating
    iGPU Driver, forcing apps to use it, nothing worked. Please help

NMHAppoose, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop

1. Force Xbox Game Bar and other Universal app to use NVIDIA GPU in dual GPU Laptop - Similar Threads - Force Xbox Game

2. Gaming laptop using GPU 0 - 3D Nvidia GPU by default in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop using GPU 0 - 3D Nvidia GPU by default in desktop: Problem description: Laptop uses Nvidia GPU instead of Intel IGPU like usual for all desktop graphics operations, main culprits primarily consist of: Search windows App, Desktop window manager, Client server runtime process, and google chrome when open. also for some reason...
  3. Gaming laptop using GPU 0 - 3D Nvidia GPU by default in desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming laptop using GPU 0 - 3D Nvidia GPU by default in desktop: Problem description: Laptop uses Nvidia GPU instead of Intel IGPU like usual for all desktop graphics operations, main culprits primarily consist of: Search windows App, Desktop window manager, Client server runtime process, and google chrome when open. also for some reason...
  4. Gaming laptop using GPU 0 - 3D Nvidia GPU by default in desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Graphical glitches with universal apps on Nvidia GPU: Universal Windows apps have these weird graphical glitches that result in text flickering and/or becoming blurred. Whenever I have an update to the Nvidia graphics drivers the problem seems to temporarily go away but return after turning it off and on. I'm using an Nvidia RTX...
  6. Way to force display to run on laptop's NVIDIA GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Way to force display to run on laptop's NVIDIA GPU?: Simply, is there a way to get Windows to run the integrated display off of the NVIDIA (or other added GPU) rather than the iGPU? Currently trying to get OBS to display capture without having to run it on the iGPU and consequently hammer its performance, and I am not seeing a...
  7. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU: Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon. Background apps...
  8. Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Universal app launches itself after Sleep and using Nvidia GPU: Hello i recently did the error of updating my universal apps through windows Store(until then i had no issues). what's happening now is that after waking from sleep i can see the Yourphone app running both in Task manager and in the Nvidia GPU activity icon. Background apps...
  9. Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop)

Game bar not registering GPU (Laptop): Hello everyone, So I was playing some games on my Laptop, and when I opened the game bar it showed the CPU and RAM usage perfectly fine, only the GPU usage was not displayed. When I used the Msi Afterburner overlay the GPU was displayed, so the problem has to be with the...
  10. Windows apps use Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows apps use Nvidia GPU: I have switchable integrated Intel HD video/Nvidia GeForce 840M. Recently I noticed that my Nvidia GPU is used even without any apps started. It turned that it is used by Windows apps like Phone Companion, Store, Mail etc. It is really disturbing, because my battery life is...