Windows 10: Forced advertisements on Windows store games

Discus and support Forced advertisements on Windows store games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why does microsoft think they can force me into buying their games by requiring advertisements and commercials? I can guarantee the only thing they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GSHAIFFER, Aug 14, 2020.

1. GSHAIFFER Win User

Forced advertisements on Windows store games

Why does microsoft think they can force me into buying their games by requiring advertisements and commercials?

I can guarantee the only thing they have accomplished is to irritate me and increase my resolve to not purchase any

microsoft products I do not absolutely need. Can't make enough $ selling products and services that it is necessary to

sell ads and commercials. News to advertisers I have yet to watch even one of the ads or commercials. I know where the

cancel button is located and I use it. Some kind of arrogance the think that if I won't watch it the first time presenting it 4 or 5

more times will increase the probability that I will view it. NOT! Shame is to nice a word to really describe what microsoft is doing.

They don't deserve to have the M displayed in uppercase.

[Moderator Edit: Moved from Community Participation Centre]

:)

GSHAIFFER, Aug 14, 2020

2. Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows Store Games

Hi,

A corrupted profile data associated with the game and availability of updates for the game are two of the primary factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting performance and stability issues with games on Windows 10. Here are the
    troubleshooting solutions that you may perform to resolve this concern:

Solution 1: Run troubleshooter

The Windows apps troubleshooter can help resolve issues with apps and games downloaded from the Windows Store. In addition, we also suggest running the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter to help diagnose and resolve compatibility issues encountered when
    running games on Windows 10. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Solution 2: Check for game update

If you've downloaded the games from the Windows Store, you may manually search if there are updates available for the games. As for the steps, see

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Solution 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu

Resetting the game from the Settings menu can help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the game and check if you'll encounter the same issue.​​
    Let us know it goes after performing these troubleshooting solutions.

Catherine Cus., Aug 14, 2020
  4. Forced advertisements on Windows store games

MS Store Games

Hi Gene,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

When you download a Game or an App from Windows Store, the location where the files and folders related to the Game or an App will be located in
    WindowsApps folder at Program Files which can be accessed from C: drive.

Step 1: You can search the Game or an App you downloaded using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Click on Start key on the Keyboard and type the game name in the search box. The downloaded game will show in the top most search result.
    • Click on the game and check if you can access the game.

Step 2: To pin the game on the taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Search for the game using Cortana by following the steps above.
    • Right click on the game and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    • Close the window and check if the game is pinned to taskbar.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Forced advertisements on Windows store games

1. Forced advertisements on Windows store games - Similar Threads - Forced advertisements store

2. Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you please stop force feeding me advertisements?: After your updating windows 10 today, you forcefeed me Bing, Office and Onedrive advertisements which I cannot skip or stop, and it ends in onedrive suddenly uploading files I do not want to put on onedrive. Can you please stop doing this?? Thanks....
  3. Why Is There Advertising On Microsoft Installed Games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Is There Advertising On Microsoft Installed Games: This Is When You Are Playing Installed Games Then To Get Rid Of Them It Asks For A Fee To Stop The Advertising https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-advertising-on-microsoft-installed/f41c2ec4-2688-4d4c-b13e-8241f57ccd7c
  4. GAME ADVERTISMENTS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GAME ADVERTISMENTS: I LOVE PLAYING SPIDER SOLITAIRE, BUT AM REALLY VEXED BY THE CONSTANT INTERRUPTIONS ON WINDOWS 10. AND BEING ASKED TO PAY TO HAVE THEM REMOVED. ARE MICROSOFT SO BROKE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-advertisments/cadc5c13-30c6-498d-a669-cbd670bdb8b7
  5. Volume on advertisements in Solitaire and other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume on advertisements in Solitaire and other games: I want to provide feedback about the ridiculous volume levels on some advertisements which are unable to be adjusted. Some are so loud I have to remove my headphones. This is surely got to cause some damage to user's hearing in the long-term. It's annoying enough having to...
  6. Game Advertisements

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game Advertisements: While playing solitaire with my Granddaughter (8 years old) adds for Coors Beer and Gambling Slots kept popping up. Aside from being very annoying, my granddaughter kept asking me gambling and drinking questions. This is not what Microsoft should be presenting themselves...
  7. advertisement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    advertisement: after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advertisement/0aa9bf9c-d8d1-42b5-8947-dc723b94f710"
  8. Advertisements on the Solitiare game cannot be muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advertisements on the Solitiare game cannot be muted.: The adverts now (sometimes) play sound which apparently cannot be muted. Is there any way of turning off the sound, or should I uninstall the game entirely? **Original Title** Solitiare...
  9. advertisements for adult slots and adult games while playing windows games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    advertisements for adult slots and adult games while playing windows games: I enjoy playing spider solitaire on my DELL computer with Windows. Though I know I could pay a fee to opt out of ads for family games while playing games, I don't mind the ads and the opportunity to learn about new games. However, tonight, (12/09/18) I have been receiving...
  10. New advertising & campaign tracking capabilities for Windows Store app

in Windows 10 News
    New advertising & campaign tracking capabilities for Windows Store app: Microsoft is releasing two new Dev Center features to simplify and streamline management of ads-in-apps as well as releasing the campaign tracking feature that we announced earlier: pubCenter integration with Dev Center, to manage everything related to your apps in one...