Windows 10: forced battery saving mode while in game

Discus and support forced battery saving mode while in game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ViridWhisper984, Apr 28, 2019.

1. forced battery saving mode while in game

ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day.

i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but when the charging ends, my laptop instantly dims the screen lighting to 50% (this is what i have set it to do) or straight out to 0%, in which case i need to set it back to 50% again and all is fine after that - not a big problem.

the main issue that i am frustrated with, is when i am playing games, my laptop decides to go to battery saving mode at a completely random times - dims the display to 0% and disables usb ports. if i minimize the game - usb ports get enabled again. and this happens anywhere from 70% of remaining battery to 28%

i have my battery saver turned to 20%

i have tried all i could think of and all things that i could find on the internet, but nothing helped

some people suggested to add a reg key to prevent this from happening - did not help

went to power management to specifically choose the option to NOT disable usb ports when power saving mode starts - did not help

there were many more things that i have tried, but since this problem is so old, i simply can not remember everything i tried out

and it happens with any "bigger" game - small ones that do not use many resources are not causing trouble.

:)

ViridWhisper984, Apr 28, 2019
  2. JuhaLXL Win User

Forcing Battery Save Mode on

I updated my Lumia to Windows 10 and now can't set it to battery save mode when I am charging the phone. Reason why I need to set it power save mode is that I am charging from external power bank battery and don't want to waist any energy.

Any solutions?

JuhaLXL, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Forcing Battery Save Mode on

When your phone is being charged you can't enable battery saving mode.

As fore conserving battery, you may want to try these-

1.Go to settings>privacy>background apps and turn off unnecessary background apps.

2. Go to settings>system>notifications for apps which you don't use all the time.

3.Customize battery saving using the battery saver in settings.

4.Disable automatic OneDrive backups and photo uploads through the Onedrive app.

Stranger_Hanyo, Apr 28, 2019
  4. forced battery saving mode while in game

installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

forced battery saving mode while in game

1. forced battery saving mode while in game - Similar Threads - forced battery saving

2. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  3. Battery drainage while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drainage while on sleep mode.: My laptop's battery drains fast in sleep mode though its a newly bought laptop that has a good battery health. After putting the laptop into the sleep mode correctly the battery drains about 10% per hour. I tried almost all the techniques which were in google by disabling the...
  4. Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode: Hi, so the problem started recently on my laptop. My CPU speed when not gaming is around 2.3 GHz and above. However, whenever I play a game, my CPU clocks down to 0.79 GHz and stays there until I close the game. I also checked my temperature while gaming, which is around 60...
  5. Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode

Low CPU Speed While Gaming on Battery Mode: Hi, so the problem started recently on my laptop. My CPU speed when not gaming is around 2.3 GHz and above. However, whenever I play a game, my CPU clocks down to 0.79 GHz and stays there until I close the game. I also checked my temperature while gaming, which is around 60...
  6. Battery drainage while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drainage while gaming: I have a g5 15 5587 dell laptop i never had this problem with windows 10 but every time i play my game my battery drains while i have it plugged in and i have windows 11 now and now my battery drains down to nothing if there is no fix how do i go back to windows 10 with no go...
  7. Battery drainage while gaming

Battery drainage while gaming: I have a g5 15 5587 dell laptop i never had this problem with windows 10 but every time i play my game my battery drains while i have it plugged in and i have windows 11 now and now my battery drains down to nothing if there is no fix how do i go back to windows 10 with no go...
  8. Save power mode when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save power mode when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH] Hey guys, Since v1903, unplugging or plugging in my AC adapter does not restore my desired power mode. By default, I would like my laptop to default to Battery Saver power mode when it is not plugged in and Better Performance power mode when it is plugged...
  9. While on Battery Save mode, if you turn the tablet mode ON and OFF your taskbar will become...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While on Battery Save mode, if you turn the tablet mode ON and OFF your taskbar will become...: Happens 100% of the times for me in version 1909 on my SB2 Does this happens to other devices on 1909? this is the link to the feedback hub submitted by /u/vctrsamp [link] [comments]...
  10. Battery drains while on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.: Hello, Since the win 10 upgrade i am facing issues with my laptop. Earlier when i used to put my Laptop sleep mode it doesn't used to wake up, so I used to power it off and restart it again, now that got fixed on itself somehow. and now new issue has come up, now my...