Windows 10: Forced Display Driver Update

Discus and support Forced Display Driver Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 (except the update in the image below). Windows Update is trying to install the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirtalPeguin, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Forced Display Driver Update

Forced Display Driver Update xJYNn5_b0nD48YypsyaUtBlqJ7ltmRu1V5MJhBu7F7Y.jpg

I'm on the latest version of Windows 10 20H2 (except the update in the image below). Windows Update is trying to install the Intel Corporation - Extension - 27.20.100.8280 driver, which is a display driver and I DO NOT want to install that. I have already installed a much newer DCH driver from Intel and I don't want Windows update messing with my display driver.

One method that worked before was to add entries into the registry at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceInstall\Restrictions\DenyDeviceIDs

That stopped a previous display driver update from installing (an older one than the screenshot shows), but it's not preventing this one from appearing there.

https://preview.redd.it/55luu96js1b...bp&s=bb8e1c5f72bf2314481438970e0e2275688965bc

submitted by /u/VirtalPeguin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirtalPeguin, Jan 13, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Display Driver keeps crashing than recovering

Hello Lego,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to play the game as computer prompts with error “Display Drivers have stopped responding and have recovered” and screen freezes, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check:

Step 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open
      Run command.

• In Run window type devmgmt.msc.

• Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.

• Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.

• If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.

• And restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Forced Display Driver Update

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Forced Display Driver Update

1. Forced Display Driver Update - Similar Threads - Forced Display Driver

2. Blank screen and forced gpu driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen and forced gpu driver update: I have a Z270i Asus mini itx motherboard with a i5 7600k processor and a MSI 1660ti gpu. And have had continuous issues with blank screens on boot up. I've found the only way round is to run the first three graphics drivers for this Gpu made. But recently I've also found that...
  3. Blank screen and forced gpu driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen and forced gpu driver update: I have a Z270i Asus mini itx motherboard with a i5 7600k processor and a MSI 1660ti gpu. And have had continuous issues with blank screens on boot up. I've found the only way round is to run the first three graphics drivers for this Gpu made. But recently I've also found that...
  4. Windows Update download and forced installing Intel ancient display driver [How to stop it]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update download and forced installing Intel ancient display driver [How to stop it]: Windows Update download and forced and install Intel ancient display driver.I did try, Go to Settings > About > Advanced system settings, then click Hardware tab > Device installation settings, Click "NO". After that click "Save Changes".It not stop I continue download and...
  5. Windows Update download and forced installing Intel ancient display driver [How to stop it]

Windows Update download and forced installing Intel ancient display driver [How to stop it]: Windows Update download and forced and install Intel ancient display driver.I did try, Go to Settings > About > Advanced system settings, then click Hardware tab > Device installation settings, Click "NO". After that click "Save Changes".It not stop I continue download and...
  6. Windows Update forcing driver install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  7. Windows Update forcing driver install.

Windows Update forcing driver install.: Hi all, I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 on my laptop, and Windows update is insistent on downloading firmware and driver updates, which I do not want. The laptop has issues with some of the latest drivers, so I would like to download the older versions of the drivers...
  8. Windows forcing old driver via update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows forcing old driver via update: Windows is forcing me to download old driver even if newer driver is installed. I have windows 10 home therefore cannot use registry editor. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-forcing-old-driver-via-update/923467f1-7acf-421e-aa4a-5216d54ab952
  9. Update display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update display driver: how to download and update display driver since my pc is showing that the display driver got failed.? Do help me with the entire process of working out with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-display-driver/d47a61fd-2b82-43ff-8275-f455b47b4794
  10. Display Driver Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Driver Update: I just want to warn anybody with a laptop that uses a ATI graphic card that on my Toshiba Laptop running the Win10TP Windows update updated the driver for my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series graphic card. Definitely a step backwards. I lost most of the display resolutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why windows is forcing display drivers update