Windows 10: Forced download of Silverlight

Discus and support Forced download of Silverlight in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why did you force the download of Microsoft Silverlight?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Outlook User Suggestions, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Forced download of Silverlight

Why did you force the download of Microsoft Silverlight?

:)

Outlook User Suggestions, Jan 16, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Revamps Download Center with SilverLight

Microsoft recently launched the beta version of the new Microsoft Download Center website that intends to be more convenient and easier to navigate than the current version. The new website is powered by SilverLight technology which is Microsoft’s anti-creation of Adobe Flash. You must have the SilverLight plugin for Firefox or Internet Explorer in order to view this new beta site. From now on when you enter the Download Center you'll be asked to try the new SilverLight Beta Center.

Source: Sizlopedia

malware, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Silverlight already installed?!

I'm trying to run a webpage that uses Silverlight FreeStockCharts.com - Web's Best Streaming Realtime Stock Charts - Free . When I do it informs me that this page requires Silverlight - and suggests that I download it. When I download it & attempt to install it - I'm informed that Silverlight is already installed!

I'm confused?

GreatWhiteNorth, Jan 16, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Forced download of Silverlight

Silverlight 5 Available for Download

Today, we’re happy to announce the release of Silverlight 5. Silverlight is part of a rich offering of technologies from Microsoft helping developers deliver applications for the web, desktop and mobile devices. Download Silverlight 5, a free plug-in less than 7 MB in size that can be installed in less than 10 seconds.

New features in Silverlight 5 include Hardware Decode of H.264 media, which provides a significant performance improvement with decoding of unprotected content using the GPU; Postscript Vector Printing to improve output quality and file size; and an improved graphics stack with 3D support that uses the XNA API on the Windows platform to gain low-level access to the GPU for drawing vertex shaders and low-level 3D primitives.

In addition, Silverlight 5 extends the ‘Trusted Application’ model to the browser for the first time. These features, when enabled via a group policy registry key and an application certificate, mean users won’t need to leave the browser to perform complex tasks such as multiple window support, full trust support in browser including COM and file system access, in browser HTML hosting within Silverlight, and P/Invoke support for existing native code to be run directly from Silverlight.

For more information, visit the Microsoft Silverlight site. For additional information on support policy, visit Microsoft Silverlight Support Lifecycle Policy.

The Silverlight Team

qubit, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Forced download of Silverlight

1. Forced download of Silverlight - Similar Threads - Forced download Silverlight

2. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Silverlight: Microsoft Silverlight https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft/2a1e799c-d783-457a-9b0d-0b34597cde3d
  3. how download silverlight either for mac or windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how download silverlight either for mac or windows: had silverlight for years now it stopped working tried to download it inti windows or mac for the whole day unsuccessfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-silverlight-either-for-mac-or-windows/5a5e2ca3-dd11-427d-a0b5-468410fd7d8a
  4. how download silverlight either for mac or windows

how download silverlight either for mac or windows: had silverlight for years now it stopped working tried to download it inti windows or mac for the whole day unsuccessfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-download-silverlight-either-for-mac-or-windows/5a5e2ca3-dd11-427d-a0b5-468410fd7d8a
  5. Silverlight Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Silverlight Security: Hi, Fyi, currently we're still using Silverlight as plugin to access to our legacy system. But, is it currently safe to use Silverlight since its will end of Support this Oct 2021? Is it the Silverlight have vulnerabilities issue reported in 2020 or 2021? I just want to get...
  6. silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    silverlight: I am doing an online class but the website for my class says I need silverlight for the program, but when I try to install it, i keep getting the message that my browser does not support it. What can I do?...
  7. Microsoft Silverlight

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Silverlight: I am trying to find and install Microsoft Silverlight. I keep getting different things to try, the last which was in Registry delete all references to Arcade. However I can't find Registry to edit it!! Can you direct me to the right place??...
  8. Silverlight

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Silverlight: Do I need to have Silverlight on my P C anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silverlight/a7762173-2070-4e12-be26-338f9a1c614c
  9. Microsoft Silverlight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Silverlight: I just wonder why Microsoft requires to install Microsoft Silverlight on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-silverlight/4a14d36a-5a2e-4f7b-8a39-7509eb096a10
  10. Silverlight Question

Silverlight Question: New computer with Windows 10 wants to update Silverlight. I am not familiar with this program so I ran a search but the explanation is still "Greek" to me. What is Silverlight and do I need it or need to update it? Thanks. 38520