Windows 10: forced download of unwanted games and apps

Discus and support forced download of unwanted games and apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Updated to Windows 10 build 1903, no install problems, but the Store keeps wanting to download and install apps and games I don't want. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jack Smook, Jun 10, 2019.

1. forced download of unwanted games and apps

Updated to Windows 10 build 1903, no install problems, but the Store keeps wanting to download and install apps and games I don't want.

Is there anyway I can stop this without turning off automatic updates.

I have 15 of them that waiting to update which I DO NOT WANT...

Microsoft made a big mistake in doing that.

:)

Jack Smook, Jun 10, 2019

2. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Where are my downloaded Games?

Hi Brandon,

Games downloaded from the Microsoft Store website or through the Windows Store app are added in the Xbox app's Game list. To access this, kindly perform the following steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games. Games you have on that device will appear there.

If you can't see the game, it may be because the game was not automatically added on your Game list. To add it, proceed with the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Xbox.
    • Sign in using the Microsoft account you've used to download the game.
    • Select My games.
    • Select Add a game from your PC.
    • You'll see a scrollable list of all Win32 games and programs that have
      Start
      menu shortcuts. From the list, find Solitaire HD and add it to your
      My games menu so you can quickly browse for and launch the game.
    • Once you've selected your choices, select Add selected games at the bottom of the pop-up window.

Don't forget to notify us with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Jun 10, 2019
  4. forced download of unwanted games and apps

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

forced download of unwanted games and apps

1. forced download of unwanted games and apps - Similar Threads - forced download unwanted

2. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted download: I download Temu of the internet and did not relize it was a Chinese company. When I stared looking at the items, they listed for sale I noticed the products were terrible. I have looked in uninstall or change a program, went to where it was downloaded to. It does not appear...
  3. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted download: I download Temu of the internet and did not relize it was a Chinese company. When I stared looking at the items, they listed for sale I noticed the products were terrible. I have looked in uninstall or change a program, went to where it was downloaded to. It does not appear...
  4. Unwanted download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unwanted apps !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted apps !: After posting a question regarding unwanted apps, a few minutes ago I found this ! I guess it answers my question ! I am still unsure whether to turn this off or not ? I have used the Viddly downloader for a long time now so unsure what to do !BrianFound this !"Starting in...
  6. downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software: I'm trying to download an app and whenever I try to run the downloading software it comes up with an error that says "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." The app is safe I'm completely sure of it and I'd...
  7. Unwanted apps appearing after incorrect download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted apps appearing after incorrect download: Today I downloaded something I quickly removed it because it wasn't the real one but then Avast Free Antivirus popped up along with SAntivirus. I want to know if they are safe or not. I cant find out how to delete Avast it's not in my settings or control panel, but it's in...
  8. Windows keep forcing unwanted update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keep forcing unwanted update: About 18 months ago or so an update came out that is breaking something on my laptop. I cant adjust the volume through mixer, its either all the way or off. I have redownloaded driver, checked bios, etc. I can't tell you how many hours I spent trying to fix it and googling...
  9. Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps: I have about 40 apps that automatically downloaded from the MS Store according to the Store without any request or action from me sometime after I installed Win 10. Many of these appear in the Start menu’s scrolling list of shortcuts, making it difficult to find what I’m...
  10. Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted apps in "Downloads and updates": Hello! Why do I have these 2 games in my "Available updates" section? I don't have them anywhere else. So an "update" in this case is a full installation of a new app. [ATTACH]...