Windows 10: Forced Microsoft Account

Discus and support Forced Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why do some new Windows 10 computers force you to create a Microsoft Account that you can then switch to a local afterwards? Why not just let people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheRealValce, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Forced Microsoft Account

Why do some new Windows 10 computers force you to create a Microsoft Account that you can then switch to a local afterwards? Why not just let people make a local account in the first place? This is such a waste of time considering most of my customers don't need it and do not wish to disclose personal information for an account they will never use. Is this like a bank that keeps $1 accounts open just so they can exaggerate how many (unused) active accounts they have?

:)

TheRealValce, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

Forced Microsoft Account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Forced Microsoft Account

1. Forced Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Forced Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  3. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account: How can Microsoft force people to open an account? They didn't pay for my laptop and tablets so why do I need to open a shi**y Microsoft account. You can't use your laptop unless you open an account, yeah sure you can cancel it after you set your device up. Why should I have...
  4. Microsoft forcing people to open Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into Microsoft account: Updated laptop and now being forced to sign into an old Microsoft account which uses an old email which I can't access anymore the sign in screen doesn't give me the option to change to my new Microsoft account details and I can't log on to my laptop...
  6. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

Forced to sign into Microsoft account: Updated laptop and now being forced to sign into an old Microsoft account which uses an old email which I can't access anymore the sign in screen doesn't give me the option to change to my new Microsoft account details and I can't log on to my laptop...
  7. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. SOLUTION to Microsoft Forcing Microsoft Account Login After Update

SOLUTION to Microsoft Forcing Microsoft Account Login After Update: If you are having the same problem as mentioned in this locked thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forced-windows-account-login-after-update/0c9e3bfc-33f6-494b-b049-b453d5208c37where Windows updates and seemingly prevents you from moving forward...
  9. SOLUTION to Microsoft Forcing Microsoft Account Login After Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SOLUTION to Microsoft Forcing Microsoft Account Login After Update: If you are having the same problem as mentioned in this locked thread, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forced-windows-account-login-after-update/0c9e3bfc-33f6-494b-b049-b453d5208c37where Windows updates and seemingly prevents you from moving forward...
  10. Activate Windows forces wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows forces wrong Microsoft Account: Hi. When I go to Settings - Troubleshoot Activation, and click the message saying "I changed the hardware on this device recently" it will only allow me to log in with my personal hotmail address. But this PC belongs to my employer and was sent to my home from our office...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forced microsoft

2. microsoft forcing windows accounts 2019