Windows 10: Forced MS Sign in Custom Install

Discus and support Forced MS Sign in Custom Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing Windows 10 Home on a friends laptop. I am installing from a USB stick using the media creation tool for 1909 18363.657 doing a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flhthemi, Feb 21, 2020.

1. flhthemi Win User

Forced MS Sign in Custom Install

I am installing Windows 10 Home on a friends laptop. I am installing from a USB stick using the media creation tool for 1909 18363.657 doing a custom install. When the setup gets to the page for signing in with MS I find I no longer have an option to skip entering an email address and use a local account.

Am I missing something here, some hidden key combination or do I REALLY now have to use an email address then go switch it to local? I don't want to use MINE and then find I need to remove his laptop from my account...

:)

flhthemi, Feb 21, 2020
  2. antspants Win User

No more sign in with MS Account on install?

Please excuse the horrible quality and randomness of images. No important images pertaining to the question are missing. But I did skip irrelevant common steps when taking photos, just common stuff.
    Forced MS Sign in Custom Install [​IMG]

At this step, I wasn't given any other choices, this was forced. This also happened disconnected and when skipping key entry.
    I was not given the option to: "Or, even better, use an online account"

antspants, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Tony K Win User

And likewise, Sin. It's good to see you! Forced MS Sign in Custom Install :) Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sorry I can't comment here for I haven't clean installed an OS in quite awhile (using the Media Creation tool), however I did sign in with my MS account when I did. My 10 Creator Update has been on my machine for quite some time. A very stable OS I may add.

Your pics are fine. I see you're upgrading all or most of your PCs I assume? I'm curious as to why you weren't offered to sign in with your MS account as well. I'm wondering if it's a regional/country mandate by law? Who knows with these crazy micro-managing laws today?! *sarc Not a suggestion, but I would think at this point you could create an MS account and delete the local one.

I'm sure someone will look in on this. I'll be peeking in to see how this goes.

Tony K, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

I just did a clean install with the latest US English version ISO created from MCT in a Hyper-V VM.

The tutorial's screenshots were originally with a legacy (GEN 1 VM), but this time I used a GEN 2 VM for UEFI to see if there was a difference.

I still got the same thing in the tutorial step by step. I selected to do a "custom install" and "Set up for personal use" to end up on the "Sign in with Microsoft" screen to either use a MSA or local account.

I don't have Cortana holding my hand during Windows Setup though since this was in a VM.

Brink, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Forced MS Sign in Custom Install - Similar Threads - Forced Sign Custom

2. Windows forces sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forces sign in screen: Had the PC set up so that no login is required. Set to Never. About 4 wks ago it started to show `password incorrect` OK at the startup I then have to click to my email and enter a pin EVERY TIME. Nothings changed in my settings, still says `require login-Never` My home PC...
  3. Forced to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign into Microsoft account: Updated laptop and now being forced to sign into an old Microsoft account which uses an old email which I can't access anymore the sign in screen doesn't give me the option to change to my new Microsoft account details and I can't log on to my laptop...
  4. How to force MS APPS to ask for password on sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to force MS APPS to ask for password on sign-in: I have a gamepass ultimate for pc subscription for my son and installed it on his PC.Once I sign into the xbox app on this pc, he can open MS To Do, MS Whiteboard, MS MAIL! and I assume any other ms apps click sign-in and pick my account and windows will sign him in WITHOUT...
  5. MS forcing edge on customers again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS forcing edge on customers again: Microsoft is up to its old tricks and is trying to force customers to use edge by hiding it in updates. MS even has the nerve to place a short cut on your monitor screen. You own your computer and your monitor screen. MS doesn't own any of your private property. One day, U.S....
  6. Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers

Microsoft forcing edge browser on customers: Microsoft continues to try and force it's inferior edge browser on customers through Windows updates. I use Revo uninstaller to remove this 575Mb of bloat off my hard drive everytime Windows installs it through an update. Revo uninstaller is far better than Window's unistall....
  7. Forced TEMP Profile Sign In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forced TEMP Profile Sign In: Hello, I've had a reoccurring problem where I'd try to log in my computer and it would sign me into a temporary profile. Luckily after the first time it happened, I used OneDrive to backup all my files so I'm not worried about losing my files, but more of my profile...
  8. forced sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forced sign in: I have turned off every possible security that makes me sign in each and every time...even when I just switch accounts and go right back. I am ssick of signing in every single time. I don't want to sign in at all!...
  9. MS Forcing an update and reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  10. No more sign in with MS Account on install?

No more sign in with MS Account on install?: Is it just me or has MS removed the option to sign in during install? It now asks me "What name will be using this PC?" As apposed to using my MS Account email which there seems to be no option for. I've not seen that before. Im doing a clean install with the latest ISO...