Windows 10: Forced out of no where to change my password

Discus and support Forced out of no where to change my password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's the sequence of events: I noticed an external hard drive was not being recognized, so I unplugged it via USB and plugged it back in. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/M4tt0ck, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Forced out of no where to change my password

Here's the sequence of events: I noticed an external hard drive was not being recognized, so I unplugged it via USB and plugged it back in. My computer started shutting down. Admittedly, this plug is right next to the power button, so I just assumed I had hit it accidentally. No big deal. When my computer restarted I was told I needed to change my password out of no where. I do not have password expiration turned on currently. My question is this: Is this a fairly normal sequence of events or should I be concerned about a security breach of some sort? I can't find any such evidence, but because of certain aspects of the work I do, security breaches are a perennial concern. I'll admit it has made me a bit twitchy and paranoid, lol. Thanks in advance for any advice or anecdotes you guys may have to share!

submitted by /u/M4tt0ck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/M4tt0ck, Jan 29, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Forced out of no where to change my password

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Forced out of no where to change my password

1. Forced out of no where to change my password - Similar Threads - Forced where change

2. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  3. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD: I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE THE **** PASSWORD THAT I'VE ALREADY SET.YOU SEND ME THE **** CODE TO MY CELLPHONE TO CONFIRM IT WAS ME, AND IS STILL OBLIGATING ME TO CHANGE MY DAMN PASSORD, I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE IT, KEEP THE WAY IT IS.THERE'S NOT ANOTHER PERSON TRYING TO ACESS MY...
  4. STOP FORCING ME TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Forced to change password!

Forced to change password!: Why is Microsoft making me change my password? I Googled this and read many annoyed and angry peoples' responses. Also, I tried to followed instructions from various Microsoft techs who tried to guide people in turning off this option. Yet, none of their instructions worked....
  6. Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update forcefully changed my PC login password: I've been using the same password for 5 years, it's just to login to my pc. I normally put it to sleep and wake it, and never have an issue with putting in the password. That changed sometime today. I tried to login, but the password I had been using for the past 5 years did...
  7. Forced Password Change

Forced Password Change: I found through security monitoring software that my password was compromised on the dark web. I went into my Microsoft account and changed my password. This took quite an effort. Verification texts, etc. The next day, when I first logged in, the login prompted me to change...
  8. My **** password force changed

My **** password force changed: I cant access my computer anymore after force changed password. People may reply «reset by holding shift and restart pc and select reset computer» That doesnt work for me after i have done research. Help me i dont wanna lose my files and my windows liscense. Remove this...
  9. Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft forces me to change my password now I'm locked out: So I have 2 devices, One device when I try to log in forces me to change the password, but now I've forgotten it. That device is connected to an outlook account which I can log in. Is there any way to recovery the password for that device? Thanks...
  10. Password out of no where.

in Windows 10 Support
    Password out of no where.: Running Windows 10 on a Dell tablet. 2 days ago, I downloaded about 30 cornbread recipes to my Music Folder just to keep them separate. Yesterday, I went to sort them out and when I tapped on the Folder, I got a notice that I had to enter my Microsoft password to get in....