Windows 10: Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

Discus and support Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreiBob, Sep 11, 2019.

1. AndreiBob Win User

Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

Hi,

I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was taking too long, so i shut it down. After booting again i found that my HDD is gone, all the desktop shotcuts are not working. It doesn't even appear in disk management.

It is not an external HDD, so i can't unplug and replug it.

:)

AndreiBob, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

little cat, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

1. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone. - Similar Threads - Forced shutdown HDD

2. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  3. Ongoing PC Force Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ongoing PC Force Shutdown: Hi,This has been ongoing since buying the PC. Please see previous posts from myself.The previous suggestion of removing SignalRGB seemed to fix it for some time. I have not reinstalled Signal RGB. though have not been using the PC that much.I've just started playing a new...
  4. Forcing this update and now PC not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing this update and now PC not booting: My Windows updated without my knowledge and now it is stuck at restarting for an hour. I have tons of things that I need to do and I dont want to make my PC worst so please help me. This updates starts 2 hours ago and it restarted multiple times now and its happening for an...
  5. Pc won't turn on after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc won't turn on after force shutdown: Long story short my pc got turned off by pulling the wire out 50+ times for the past 4 months. Today when the force shutdown by pulling the wire out happened pc doesn't turn on. No reaction to me pressing the power button. Also some days it can get pulled out even 10 times...
  6. Pc wont boot after forced shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc wont boot after forced shutdown: Hi, so i had to force shutdown my pc after it bugged with an installer. After this it wouldnt boot anymore. The setup i use wasnt touched in like 6 months, and it always worked perfectly without hickups. Now when i turn on my pc it will say ‘no signal’ on both monitors dvi...
  7. everything that was on my pc is now gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    everything that was on my pc is now gone: I was signed into my pc then it turned off and now nothing is on my pc, its like it got completely wiped, what do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/everything-that-was-on-my-pc-is-now-gone/944a4e94-fbc4-46cb-86de-b5194bdc5a3e
  8. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  9. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???: Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right...
  10. Forced shutdown safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forced shutdown safe?: Although not Windows 10 fault my machine got hung up accessing a misbehaving NAS network share. Unfortunately it couldn't resolve and I couldn't restarte explorer. I then tried a shutdown via Ctrl Alt delete but it just laboured on 'restarting' but didn't do it. I left it a...