Windows 10: Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

Discus and support Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndreiBob, Sep 11, 2019.

1. AndreiBob Win User

Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

Hi,

I tried installing a new language pack and it asked to restart PC. It went to "windows preparing, please do not turn off" screen and it was taking too long, so i shut it down. After booting again i found that my HDD is gone, all the desktop shotcuts are not working. It doesn't even appear in disk management.

It is not an external HDD, so i can't unplug and replug it.

:)

AndreiBob, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

little cat, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone.

1. Forced PC shutdown. Now my HDD is gone. - Similar Threads - Forced shutdown HDD

2. My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer forced an update and all my documents are gone!!: M My computer forced an update and now when I turn it on, all my stuff is gone. Where are my documents? my pictures? my music??? Please let me know ASAP - I'm freaking out over here...
  3. PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won’t shutdown unless I force shutdown by holding power button: Hi, My computer has been having problem shutdown completely. Whenever I clicked “shutdown”, the screen would turn dark, but the PC was still running because I could hear the fan, and my headset’s light was on (usually when it was completely shutdown, the light of the...
  4. How to force install upgrades on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to force install upgrades on shutdown?: Hello. I manage a lot of windows 10 devices (currently running 1809) and need to deploy the upgrade to 1904 version. I use WSUS to deploy the upgrade. After I approved the installation, I see that computers are downloading and installing the update, but in order to complete...
  5. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???: Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right...
  6. OneDrive is gone from my pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is gone from my pc.: so after the deletion of my files, I saw that OneDrive was gone. the OneDrive folder looked like the default .EXE icon. I searched up how to fix it and the OneDrive sync client in the notification area was gone. i tried a command in the command prompt and it didn't work....
  7. Is CU now being forced on my system?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is CU now being forced on my system?: I have been running v1607 and had Windows Update set to defer FEATURE Updates. Today I see one of the Updates Windows Update is telling me to download is Version 1703. Isn't that CU that I did not want and is there any way to stop it? 90251
  8. I Restarted My Pc Cause Nothing Was Working And Now F Drive Is Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I Restarted My Pc Cause Nothing Was Working And Now F Drive Is Gone: So I got onto the computer around an hour ago wanting to play some video games, when nothing showed up after 5 minutes i realized something was wrong and tried to open task manager and when that didn't work i tried to restart my computer by going to the bottom left, right...
  9. My PC performs double shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC performs double shutdown: Hello, for the last two weeks, my computer has been having a weird shutdown process: When I press the shutdown button in the start menu, everything would close like normally until the screen goes black at the end and then, my components would shut down, but LED...
  10. Forced shutdown safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Forced shutdown safe?: Although not Windows 10 fault my machine got hung up accessing a misbehaving NAS network share. Unfortunately it couldn't resolve and I couldn't restarte explorer. I then tried a shutdown via Ctrl Alt delete but it just laboured on 'restarting' but didn't do it. I left it a...