Windows 10: Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

Discus and support Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last night, to my horror, when I went to login I was asked not for my password, but for my PIN, which I never set up. Since I do not have a PIN I could... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MSsucks123, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

Last night, to my horror, when I went to login I was asked not for my password, but for my PIN, which I never set up. Since I do not have a PIN I could not log into my computer. This was very, very disturbing--to be locked out of a computer that I paid for, by the operating system that was on that computer, the license to which was also fully paid for.

If that had been my only way of checking my email (I don't memorize my email box password--it is complex, like most of my passwords), I guess I'd have been f#%&ed.

Luckily, I did put into my reliable iPhone which has, so far, never screwed with me on such a level, the login to the email box that I used for my Windows license. I was able to use the lost password feature to get a code that allowed me to create a new password--but forced me to create a new password, which I did not want to do...and THEN I WAS FORCED to create a PIN, which I do not want.

Microsoft, ****??? What in the heck are you guys trying to do here?? I don't want to use a PIN, I don't want to change my password...it is my f#%$ing computer, so let me manage it, ok?

:)

MSsucks123, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

1. Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster! - Similar Threads - Forced PIN Disaster

2. forced pin change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forced pin change: after so often, im forced to change my access pin. ive tried so many things but it keeps coming back. i dont have any school or biz acct on the computer. win 10 home edition help....
  3. forced pin change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forced pin change: after so often, im forced to change my access pin. ive tried so many things but it keeps coming back. i dont have any school or biz acct on the computer. win 10 home edition help....
  4. forced pin change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Forced to change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to change pin: Hi, I have had the same pin on my PC for as long as I've had it and now it is saying that my organization requires that I change it. This has happened twice now. It is my personal PC and I do not want to change it and I shouldn't have to. How can I fix this??...
  6. Forced to change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to change pin: Hi, I have had the same pin on my PC for as long as I've had it and now it is saying that my organization requires that I change it. This has happened twice now. It is my personal PC and I do not want to change it and I shouldn't have to. How can I fix this??...
  7. Windows 10 Disaster Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Disaster Recovery: Let's say I have a Windows 10 computer, and I have a recent System Image backup plus some File History backups offsite. Sounds good. I have a lot of "App" games that use only local storage for game save data. Then there is a fire, and my computer is destroyed. I buy an new...
  8. It is a disaster !!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It is a disaster !!!: Hello Sir/Madam: The quality of my pc is dropping down ! Today, all at once, many of the "icons", around 1/3, on my screen can not open !! They are cut off from the internet! I have been using the window for around two decades, never saw such serious...
  9. Forced to Change PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to Change PIN: I tried to log into my laptop and was forced to change my PIN because "my organization required" it. This is a personal computer and shouldn't being run by anyone else but me. I was happy with my previous PIN and would like to change it back but can't figure it out. Thanks...
  10. Windows 10 update disaster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update disaster: After the last Windows 10 update my HP Elite goes to blue screen for Automatic Repair, cannot repair and starts over again. Option to go to desktop just goes to Automatic repair and loops again....