Windows 10: Forced Reset PC While Starting Up

Discus and support Forced Reset PC While Starting Up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First paragraph: what happened Second paragraph: issue I forced shut down my laptop because it froze (normal with starting up a certain game) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Syionic, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Syionic Win User

Forced Reset PC While Starting Up

First paragraph: what happened

Second paragraph: issue

I forced shut down my laptop because it froze (normal with starting up a certain game) and stayed frozen for longer than usual. So I forced shut down my PC and turned it back on. It sat on the company logo for longer than usual, and I may or may not have forced shut it down while the company logo was still up. After turning it back on again, said “Diagnosing your computer” or something like that, had a percent number come up, it reached 100, then my PC loaded fine. After I typed in my password and stuff, then came my issue

My issue is my computer’s icons are all the paper with the corner folded, and after every few minutes, one icon switches to normal. Whenever I initially click, my PC freezes for a few minutes, and after about an hour, I can click on things without it freezing. And when I do try to open something, it can take ages for it to come up, and when it does come up, usually just sits on the initial screen (e.g. settings stays on the cog), and if it manages to load beyond that in the rare case of something like the task manager, it has no text (e.g. task manager only shows icons).

:)

Syionic, Sep 27, 2019

2. I THINK MY PC RESET IS FROZEN?

Hello,

To help you resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Power cycle your device. Here are the steps:

• Force shutdown your computer by pressing and holding the power button down for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Remove all the attached cables for 2 minutes then put them back on.
    If the same thing happens, we suggest that you perform the reset again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 27, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Forced Reset PC While Starting Up

can i reset my pc from the os after downloadind windows 10 from the website

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Yes, you can reset the pc from windows 10 after updating I suggest you to refer the steps given below.

• To go start.

• Go to Settings.

• Click on Update & security.

• Click on Reset this PC.

I suggest you to refer the below link and follow the steps for reset pc and refer the options.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Forced Reset PC While Starting Up

1. Forced Reset PC While Starting Up - Similar Threads - Forced Reset While

2. My PC won't start after forcefully shutting it down while it froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC won't start after forcefully shutting it down while it froze: My PC froze and after a while I decided to forcefully shut it down by pressing the Power button.Now the PC only boots up to the BIOS and checks for Media presence without finding any.I also can't reach the recovery environment through repeatedly shutting it off and on or by...
  3. My PC won't start after forcefully shutting it down while it froze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC won't start after forcefully shutting it down while it froze: My PC froze and after a while I decided to forcefully shut it down by pressing the Power button.Now the PC only boots up to the BIOS and checks for Media presence without finding any.I also can't reach the recovery environment through repeatedly shutting it off and on or by...
  4. Pc crashed while reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashed while reseting: My pc was crahsing while gaming so I tried various ways to fix it and when it was all said and done , I exhausted all my resources and myself to try to fix this. I then reset the pc and while doing so, it said "An error has occured" and crashed. I now cannot install windows...
  5. Forcing to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing to reset: Trying to reset my computer on setting completely without saving anything because I want it clean however it will stuck at 60 percent for 2 hours. I restarted and luckily it booted however when I try it again it will do the same thing....
  6. Forcing to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forcing to reset: Trying to reset my computer on setting completely without saving anything because I want it clean however it will stuck at 60 percent for 2 hours. I restarted and luckily it booted however when I try it again it will do the same thing....
  7. Forcing to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Forcing First Start-ups to 1% volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing First Start-ups to 1% volume: I was just wondering if there was a way to have things start with lower volume instead of 100% just sick of having my eardrums blown out of my head submitted by /u/TheBladesGames [link] [comments]...
  9. BSoD while starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD while starting up: I turned my computer on as I do every morning today but this time I got a BSoD out of the blue. I didn't get a chance to read it, so I'm not sure what the cause of it was. Computer was running fine all day yesterday and I did not install anything new. As a side note,...
  10. Error while resetting the PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Error while resetting the PC: Getting the BSOD when I tried to reset my PC after moving all my data to external hard disk. All I see is this and four options: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The OS couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or containing errors....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset while starting up