Windows 10: Forced resolution change affecting screen position

Discus and support Forced resolution change affecting screen position in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I'm having a problem with the in built display on my laptop (It's an xmg). When I turned it on yesterday, the screen wad effectively showing only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StewartBanner, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Forced resolution change affecting screen position

Hi

I'm having a problem with the in built display on my laptop (It's an xmg). When I turned it on yesterday, the screen wad effectively showing only the top maybe quarter or so of the screen, almost like it had zoomed in (it wasn't, I've checked). On investigating the screen resolution it's somehow now automatically set to 2048×1536(recommended). Before it was always on 1920×1080, which I think my display is only capable of showing. If I set it back to 1080, the screen does go back to a normal size but it's still effectively dropped down and right and has black borders at the top and left.

If it was a monitor I was using, I would think the settings on there have changed, but it's not. If I plug it into a tv, it displays correctly, at 1080, on the tv. I've rolled back the drivers on my Intel and nvidia driver cards to no avail. I reset the pc last night, and whilst that process was happening, the XMG bootup logo displayed correctly, but once the process finishes, it drops back down and right.

I am currently doing a full reset to try and fix it, but I'm convinced it's not working due to this forced resolution, and it's messing the screen up.

Any ideas?

:)

StewartBanner, Mar 30, 2019

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Forced resolution change affecting screen position

screen resolutions?

Please follow the steps on how to change the screen resolution:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • On the lower part of the Customize your display window, click Advanced display settings.
    • Choose the resolution you want to use, then click Apply to save the changes.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Forced resolution change affecting screen position

1. Forced resolution change affecting screen position - Similar Threads - Forced resolution change

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Forcing higher "resolution"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forcing higher "resolution": submitted by /u/eternal_peril [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3fdec/forcing_higher_resolution/
  4. Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution: Hi! I play a lot of a game called CS:GO. In that game, I use 4:3, which I've set to stretched via the nvidia control panel (I have an nvidia GPU). My desktop resolution is 16:9 1080p. After the 1903 update, every time I exit the game or tab out to another window, my desktop...
  5. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  6. Regarding the object Position across different screen resolutions

Regarding the object Position across different screen resolutions: Hi , There is a familiar question that how I can click on the mouse points(x,y) which was captured in different screen solution. and Many pals suggested to normalize the old screen resolution coordinates and multiply with new resolution. i.e., function...
  7. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  8. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  9. Could Changing Display Resolution Affect Files?

Could Changing Display Resolution Affect Files?: Hi, If I went from the highest (recommended) display resolution to a lower one, and changed it back to the highest resolution, will my videos and images look exactly like they did before? When I go to a lower display resolution, are videos and images still at their...
  10. Screen resolution will not change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...