Windows 10: Forced Restart and Network being forgotten

Discus and support Forced Restart and Network being forgotten in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Window is having a major issue that won't let me connect to the internet. Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the network it was on. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DakotaP20, Feb 23, 2021.

1. DakotaP20 Win User

Forced Restart and Network being forgotten

Window is having a major issue that won't let me connect to the internet. Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the network it was on. I have to constantly reimput the password and get no service. And whenever I troubleshoot the net it forces a restart. I have done scans to check for viruses and malware and nothing has shown up at all. What's more, I can freely use my hotspot from my phone and get a connection. It's clearly between my computer and the internet itself and it's only on my computer. We have three, and I checked the same thing on all three of them. Only one is having this issue. Could anyone possibly lead me to the right fix for this? There is no error code or anything that could help locate the problem. Just a box that says that the system will forcefully restart in five minutes after a troubleshoot.

:)

DakotaP20, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Jacee Win User
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Forced Restart and Network being forgotten

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Forced Restart and Network being forgotten

1. Forced Restart and Network being forgotten - Similar Threads - Forced Restart Network

2. Updates being forced uppon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates being forced uppon.: Is there way to pernamently turn off updates on both W10 and W11? The latest updates for W10 that were forced on me, completely f#cked the system, where not even YOUTUBE works properly on my secondary monitor, without the browser using HW acceleration whereas it was...
  3. network drive is being forgotten by clienta laptop after every shutdown/network restart...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network drive is being forgotten by clienta laptop after every shutdown/network restart...: I have a desktop that acts as the host server where I have a network drive originating from it to access files with my laptop around the housewhen the laptop restarts or loses network even after the laptop connects automatically to the correct WIFI network, it cant access the...
  4. network drive is being forgotten by clienta laptop after every shutdown/network restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network drive is being forgotten by clienta laptop after every shutdown/network restart...: I have a desktop that acts as the host server where I have a network drive originating from it to access files with my laptop around the housewhen the laptop restarts or loses network even after the laptop connects automatically to the correct WIFI network, it cant access the...
  5. network drive is being forgotten by clienta laptop after every shutdown/network restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. netsh.exe and force restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    netsh.exe and force restart: Hi guys i need help. There's a sign said that my pc is going to get restart in 5 min and after restarting there's a cmd that pop up on my screen that said system32/netsh.exe. Guys is this a virus? or a bug? and i also tried virus scan malwarebytes,avast protection .And also...
  7. Sudden forced Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sudden forced Restart: My computer certainly restarts and shows this message if I use it for long period of time continuously watching movies on VLC Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sudden-forced-restart/c0c41815-3597-44cd-a110-251d981e6ed1
  8. Force restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Force restart: [IMG]Excuse me, i want to ask what happened here on my pc, because the percentage didn’t move at all and it has been 1 hour, like this, can you tell me what i can do to fix this?...
  9. Forgotten Network Credentials!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forgotten Network Credentials!: Help! I've had to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop, which went well. However, I've forgotten my Network Credentials to link my laptop with my Desktop! It was such a long time ago that I can't remember it! How do I reset the credentials so I can link the two devices again?...
  10. Updates... Then forcefully restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates... Then forcefully restart: Forcing updates is one thing. Forcing a restart is another - and completely unacceptable. Until now I have been able to reschedule the restart. Today it just restarted while I was working. Bug? Intentionally? I will not give Microsoft long to change this behavior....