Windows 10: Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Discus and support Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mr. Keskar, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Running windows 10 completely updated

When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the password prompt and click within the white field after which I can type in the password/PIN with the keyboard

A few experiments later, I realize I can bring up the password prompt from the lock screen by using Ctrl +Alt+Del combination and the HAVE to use Ctrl+Alt+Esc to focus the cursor into the password field after which I can type in the password using keyboard

I have checked that

I have no policy, no registry entry and no check mark in netplwiz for requiring me to use ctrl+alt+del for sure. There is not setting in the BIOS for keyboard at all

Anything I can try to rid myself of this peculiar annoyance?

:)

Mr. Keskar, Feb 22, 2020

2. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Feb 22, 2020
  3. jonmcc33 Win User
    Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

Depends on whether you have the Welcome Screen, or the Domain Logon screen at boot up.

Darknova, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

1. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login - Similar Threads - Forced ctrl+Alt +Del

2. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  3. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...
  4. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  5. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  6. about ctrl alt del login

7. How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login

How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login: How to Disable ctrl+alt+del login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-ctrlaltdel-login/6a2b7375-30e4-4a64-9096-a159eb0d0a41
  8. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...
  9. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Forced to ctrl Alt Del to login