Windows 10: Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

Discus and support Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I don't understand why I was not given a single heads up about this being forced upon my computer without my consent. Sure, it could have been in some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WantlessDart620, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

I don't understand why I was not given a single heads up about this being forced upon my computer without my consent. Sure, it could have been in some obscure clause somewhere in the many agreements we all never bother to read through. But who in the world thought this was genuinely a good idea? Like someone really thought about just surprising users with a sudden password change when accessing one's entire computer? Some form of extremely direct heads up is literally the least Microsoft could do. I opened my computer and was just dumbfounded when login looked different and my old password was

:)

WantlessDart620, Sep 5, 2022
  2. Tariqfoa Win User

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events;

1. I logged in as a local account.
    2. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    3. Followed the steps prompted. I entered my email of choice and the corrected password, then verified through the authenticator app.
    4. I was asked to enter the password again, and now I am getting an error message that the password is incorrect
      but the password is correct 100%
    5. Researched possible solutions
      • Used the English (United States) keyboard
      • Used on-screen keyboard
      • Reverting to Windows 7 is not possible as I never had it on my laptop
      • Reset my password
        • Nth worked
    Please help me sign to my email account on this computer as an administrator

Tariqfoa, Sep 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10: Computer prompting to enter Microsoft password after logging in the Microsof account into Xbox one app.

Hi Chris,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings and use account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "now requires a password to access it's my Microsoft password", are you logged in as Local Account in the Desktop computer prior automatic changing to Microsoft Account?
    • When you say that "i have work laptop, HP, NOT on home network", are you logged in as Microsoft Account in the Work laptop?

If you were logged in as Local Account and then it has been changed into Microsoft Account. In that case, I suggest you to try to sign in back to Local Account through steps below and check if it helps.

• Select the Start
      Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Your account.

• Select Sign in with a Local Account Instead.

• Follow the prompts to switch to a Local Account. Verify the Local Account's user name and password.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with automatic changing to Microsoft Account in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 5, 2022
  4. John Fer Win User

Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

1. Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password - Similar Threads - Forced log computer

2. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  3. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  4. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  6. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?: When I open my computer, instead of the usual password, it shows a button that says "sign in". When I click on it, Microsoft opens, and says "Just a moment", and then requires my to log into my microsoft account. Then, windows wants me to add a pin I think it's a Windows...
  7. Windows 10 login requires Microsoft account instead of computer password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to log into computer with Microsoft account instead of original password: I don't understand why I was not given a single heads up about this being forced upon my computer without my consent. Sure, it could have been in some obscure clause somewhere in the many agreements we all never bother to read through. But who in the world thought this was...
  9. Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...: Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to bypass or reset local Windows 10 password using my current PIN? I'm trying to use my Microsoft account instead of my local account but it's asking for my local password not my PIN to proceed. I can't remember my local password as...
  10. Can't log into Microsoft Account with password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log into Microsoft Account with password: Alright, so I'm trying to log into my new windows 10 with my password. At first, it wants the email address. Type that in and it's good. Then it wants the password. Type that in and it's good. But then it wants me to retype the password to sign into my account. Alright,...