Windows 10: Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004

Discus and support Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently had to completely reformat the C drive in my laptop due to a potential malware infection. After reinstalling Windows 10 version 2004... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Paul Cardoza, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004

I recently had to completely reformat the C drive in my laptop due to a potential malware infection.

After reinstalling Windows 10 version 2004 included with the current Media Creation Tool and logging in with my primary Microsoft ID, I was given no option not to use a PIN number, and even after making sure the machine was 100% up to date I'm still not allowed to disable Windows Hello PIN.

I absolutely cannot have my laptop use a PIN number to log in as the local administrator account, let alone any account that can access my OneDrive.

The primary difference between this installation of Windows and the last was that the previous installation came from the factory, and the pre-installed copy of Windows was already authenticated using an OEM license. I have not entered a license key for Windows 10 and Windows has not asked me for one. Does this mean Windows 10 was activated through my Microsoft ID rather than the OEM license key?

If I go through the trouble of finding my original Dell OEM license key will I be able to disable Windows Hello PIN? Or is there something else I have to do?

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 2004

OS Build: 19041.508

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

:)

Paul Cardoza, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004

1. Forced to use Windows Hello PIN Windows 10 v2004 - Similar Threads - Forced Hello PIN

2. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  3. I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't set up a Windows Hello pin in Windows 10 because it's forcing me to use my...: This is the most retarded thing. All I f**king want to do is set up a f**king pin for when the computer starts up, but Windows 10 REFUSES to let that happen. Well done to the great minds at work making this s**tshow. Vista was f**king better.Google being its modern useless...
  4. Windows 10 Hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Hello pin: I recently inadvertently, signed into my computer after an update, and established a pin code to log into my PC.I would like to revert back to just a password. So, my question is, if I disable the pin option, will Windows revertback to the password used before the creation of...
  5. Problem using Windows Hello PIN

Problem using Windows Hello PIN: Hi I have just signed up to windows hello with a new pin. Now when I sign in I have to do It twice. One image is superimposed on another. My computer works eventually but this is annoying.[Original Title: windows hello]...
  6. Can't use windows hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't use windows hello pin: I tried to set up my pin on my new laptop because I don't want to login using my long password but it doesn't work. If my laptop isn't connected to the internet it always shows "Your device is offline. Use another Sign-in method blablabla", but if it's connected to the...
  7. Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004: I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP Albia software, has issues with numerous 3'rd party...
  8. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...
  9. Windows Hello PIN?

Windows Hello PIN?: I am on a standalone local Windows 10 account and just started to experiment with Windows Hello with a PIN. Just have a few questions. Is it more secure than having a local account password? Is Windows Hello on NON-Domain joined accounts the same as Windows Hello For...
  10. Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!

Forced PIN in Windows 10 is a Disaster!: Last night, to my horror, when I went to login I was asked not for my password, but for my PIN, which I never set up. Since I do not have a PIN I could not log into my computer. This was very, very disturbing--to be locked out of a computer that I paid for, by the operating...